2011 PENTON-POG Calendars

Started by Randy Kirkbride, September 17, 2010, 11:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Kirkbride

The 2011 PENTON-POG Calendars are now ready for sale. The price is still $16 each postage paid. Please make check or money order , made out to POG, and mail to me at: PO Box 101, White Cottage, OH 43791-0101.
Thanks,
Randy

firstturn

Randy,
  I am traveling right now, but I will get my order in when I return Home.  Thanks for all your neat work for POG.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

Randy,

Once again thanks for all the work you put into the calendars, hard to believe that another year is shortly going to bite the dust. My order will be in the mail this morning.

I really like the picture on the cover of the folks who made it all happen. Possibly we can get that picture posted full size and see who is in it.

Paul

firstturn

Great idea Paul....I was thinking that the whole page might make a great poster?  I guess too much driving gives my idle mind too much time to dream?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Randy Kirkbride

Paul,
Ask & you shall receive. Thanks to Doug Wilford for the picture.

Paul Danik

Thanks Randy for posting the picture :)

I don't know all the folks in this picture, hopefully some others with more knowledge of these Penton employees with chime in. I was under the impression that this picture was taken at the Penton R & D building but I was wrong. The picture was taken at the Colorado Avenue location, that would have been in Lorain, Ohio.  I am pretty sure dealer school was held there one time, I don't think Penton was located there for very long. Some winter evening I will go thru the early Penton dealer newsletters, "Keep'em Winning" and get more info on this location.

I will tell a little bit about a few of the folks, the gentleman in the back row left side is Elmer Townie, Elmer was the parts man at Penton Imports.  Elmer was a very early Penton employee, I think his wife Kathy, first row, third from the left, was John and Ted's first employee at their MC shop.  Kathy went on to work for KTM for many years, if you have a statement of origin for a Penton her name is most likely on it. I can still picture Elmer moving thru the isles of Penton parts helping the girls pick Penton parts orders.

Back row second from the left is Elmer Richert (spelling ?), Elmer worked in the warehouse and was the person I would have to see when picking up a new bike in the crate.  He was a really super nice guy.  I remember him pointing to a whole row of brand new exhaust pipes for Steel Tankers hanging from a hand rail on the loft and stating that he wished Penton would get rid of that obsolete stuff and make more room for the new CMF items, if I had only known.......

To Elmer's right is Wally Wilford, Doug's dad.  Wally was a swell guy who did a lot of gas stops for us over the years.  I can still picture Wally running the machine that packed Penton and Hi-Point items in the shrink wrap with the cardboard backing.

Front right is a very tired looking John Penton.  Today John will smile and tell of how much fun it all was, but I think we all know just what a grind it was for the man at the top.

There are more folks to tell about, maybe some of you will chime in, please do.  Al Born can tell us a few stories about some of these folks, how about it "big Al".....Doug, you should know these folks...

As always, if any of my statements are not as you remember it please set the record straight.

Paul

joe novak

Hello,  Am I correct to guess back row R to L are Larry Meirs, Doug Wilford, and Jon Nagy.  I will never forget the Sunday at Amherst Meadowlarks when Jon Nagy won the wheelie contest.  He put his Penton Six Days on it's back wheel from the starting "gate", rode it down the long straight-away, then around the first sweeping turn.  Joe

Paul Danik

Randy,

The 2011 POG calendar made it to Mars today, it is awesome!  The page with Bud Green's pictures is really something,  Judy was also very impressed with his pictures.  We have another one that is special to us also :)

Thanks again Randy,
Paul & Judy

Randy Kirkbride

Thanks Paul.
Thanks also to everyone that sent pictures for the calendar. That makes my job much easier. I think this years calendar is the best one yet.
Get your orders in now.
Randy

rob w

Very rare picture of the Proto-type Hi-Point go-go boots.

Randy Kirkbride

Thanks to Ken Smith and VMX Magazine for their mention of the POG Calendar. Super nice magazine!

http://www.vmxmag.com.au/03_news_events/vmx_POG_calendar.html

Randy Kirkbride

Bob,
Those must be the Hi-Point, Hi-Top, Clogs.

thrownchain

For the guys who haven't ordered your calender yet, if your thinking you don't need another calender, you should buy it just for the pictures, some really nice bikes in there.

Randy Kirkbride

We still have a few calendars left. It's almost the end of 2010.

Lew Mayer

I gotta get two. I'll send you a check, Randy.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer