73 250 side plate

Started by BobJones, October 26, 2010, 05:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobJones

Did the 73 have a right side number plate like the 74 (only yellow/green)or did it just have a # plate under the pipe with a pipe protector mounted on the pipe?

Bob Jones
Show-me state
(2)74 Harescramblers,72 Jackpiner,68/69 6-Day,73 Harescrambler.

Bob Jones
Show-me state

firstturn

Bob,
  They actually came both ways.  I had one of the first 10 250 to come into the Country and mine had the big side cover that covered part of the pipe.  I have noticed several nice unrestored '73 250 that has only the number plate.  Hope this helps.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

marsattacks

If you are a member of rugginose (Italian enduro forum) they have some greart photos and old magazine articles showing exactkly Ron's point. Or, check the 73 Dalton video to see some footage of a yellow tanker "in the wild."
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

Kip Kern

Bob

Ron is correct, the "73" was both ways.  Neat too is some also had aluminum fenders on them!

BobJones

Thanks for the help I just restored a 73 & it's done except for that piece & a front # plate. I was going to use a green plastic on the front but was stumped about the right side one. I put an Ace pipe on it & it has no shield. I am thinking about selling it when it's done.

Bob Jones
Show-me state

Bob Jones
Show-me state