generic fork wipers

Started by Steve Minor, March 13, 2002, 10:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Can anybody help me with a source for generic fork wipers for my 35mm Marzocchi's. My bike is (or soon will be) a rider, so any GENERIC wipers will suffice.

Thanks
Steve

Steve Minor

Kip Kern

Steve

Try Domi Racer, they have several styles to choose from, i.e. Ceriani, Marzocchi, etc. Hopefully they will have what you need.  Also, have you tried Al Buehner?

dave

Steve,I just bought some for my forks from a place called STORZ PERFORMANCE MOTORCYCLE they carry alot of replacement parts for the old style 35mm.They fit great to.

tlanders

Dave, How much did you pay for them? Al has them for $40 a pair. Teddy

Steve Minor

Thanks for the reply(s). I found a generic pair at Domi Racer that were very reasonable. They should arrive this week so we'll see how (if) they fit....

Steve Minor

Larry Perkins

Al's are for 35mm Ceriani not 35mm Marzocchi.

dave

Steve, the ones I got were 16.00 a pair and they carry the part # CE3510-R.They even have a picture of them on the site,which is cool.They fit the ceriani forks perfect,I am not sure if the marzoochi forks are bigger or smaller but somebody told me they were very close if not the same.I am no fork expert but I am getting much better.

Steve Minor

Thanks to all replies.....the generic wipers from Domi Racer arrived yesterday ($17.50 +shipping) and look to be close. The one thing I failed to do was ask them if they could also supply clamps....the type with the built in "cable keeper" loops.

Edited by - steve minor on 03/21/2002  07:34:38 AM
Steve Minor

tlanders

Sorry for the mistake. Do they Cerianis also?

Steve Minor

Seems like the do handle Ceriani's. They're very easy to contact via email and very responsive.

Steve Minor

tlanders

Mike Lenz

White Bros has UFO accordian fork boots that look and work good unlike alot of the fork boots out there, and saves your seals in 35, 38, and 42 mm sizes. I use em on all my bikes, race and show.

Steve Minor

Mike.....you wouldn't happen to have a web address for White Bros. would you?

Steve Minor

Mike Lenz

//www.whitebros.com  Two things, when used on 35mm cerianis [and most others] you will have to slide the boots down enough to allow full fork travel and will find you will have to put a few small holes in the top backside of the first bellow or it will create a vacume when the fork is extended. Use a hot soldering rod tip. Trying to do it cold can make them tear. Also White bros is a dealer only marketer. You can order their catalog on line though Its $10.00 but very worth it. It even has a vintage section.