POG newsletter #49 in the mail

Started by ALB, December 08, 2010, 10:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALB

The latest POG newsletter, #49 was mailed last Saturday and all POG members should be receiving their copy this week.

The member profile is of Mike Gallagher. This is a very unusual story in that it is usually an opportunity for a POG member to talk about all the wonderful things that have happened in their life with involvement with motorcycles. It is also an opportunity to brag a little bit. Mike chose to talk about the dark side of his life (alcohol and obsessive behavior). The reason for him doing this is to help others who are hiding similar problems. It took a lot of courage for Mike to tell his story in our newsletter and I congratulate him for doing so. Life throw "lessons" at us all the time to teach us things we need to learn. It is also very much like riding an Enduro. Just finishing the event, making it through all of the obstacles and challenges is just as rewarding as winning your class. Because in your heart you know that you did your best and there were other people involved (directly or behind the scenes) to help you to finish.

Mike is just one example of why the POG is so wonderful.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

SouthRider

Al, thanx for all that you do. I look forward to reading the newsletter

Clark
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

firstturn

Excellent Newsletter as always.  I too thank Mike for having the Courage to speak up.  Mike and I have been Friends for several years and we have talked about some of the same things that he discussed.  I Respect Mike for having the Courage to tell his story, but for also sharing it with me so that I could always be there for him.  None of us are as strong as we think when we have certain problems.  I appreciate the human direction we have chosen to take in our Group.
As for Mike, he is a real HERO in my book because he has fought the fight of his life and is winning.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

joe novak

Frequently, those who have overcome challenging obstacles in their life can become an inspiration to others with challenges.  Thank you,  Joe

Mike OReilly

Up here in the Great White North (the ice started to form on the river last night - by February there will be enough to support a backhoe to clear the ice racing track) the Newsletter arrives a little bit later than for the rest of you.
Nonetheless it is always eagerly anticipated.
Thank you Al for your many years of work on "Still Keeping Track". And thank you for including a member profile this time that is somewhat different from the norm. Often, overcoming personal challenges leads to insight and strength that may not have occured otherwise. And, thank you to a fellow member for having the courage to share his story.
As I say, the current issue has not yet landed here, but I am particularly looking forward to it.
In the meantime back to working on old snowmobiles. Some of you may not be aware but I guess that there was an epicenter of two-stroke motor technology in the German/Austrian region (Rotax, Hirth, JLO, Sachs, et al) All of which were about a stones throw relatively speaking from KTM. So that working on the old sleds is not that far removed, technologically, from working on Pentons. The architecture of the motors bears many similarities if you look closely.
Mike O'Reilly
Ottawa, Ontario

garrettccovington

Loved it!  Again Perfect!  I don't know how Al knows what questions I need answered in the Tech articles, but he seems to do it every issue.

Really enjoyed the Article about Mike too.  Keep it simple Bro.

Shoot,, I like the whole thing!

g

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

kds449

I've have never received a news letter, how do you get it.

Paul Danik

kds449

The POG newsletter is sent to Penton Owners Group members, if you are a POG member and haven't received a newsletter we need to find out why.  If you are not a POG member it is very easy to join.

http://www.pentonusa.org/join/join.asp

Alan Buehner is the editor of the POG newsletter and he does an outstanding job as the posts in this thread attest to.

If I may run on....

POG membership dollars also pay the expenses of this website, and it is run on a volunteer basis by membership paying POG members.  We do not require POG membership to use this website, but rest assured that POG memberships are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

checkcrew

To all Poggers i want to say thank you as i am very Honored to be the poster child on Newsletter # 49,
  although what i wrote about may hit a nerve for some it comes from my heart and past experience, hopefully it can plant a seed for someone that is struggling as i was,

i can always be contacted at : [email protected]

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]