Blizzard

Started by Mark P, December 12, 2010, 02:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark P

How are conditions in the Penton homeland of Ohio, NE Penn. Etc? We in Texas have been hearing a lot about the blizzard up north.

thrownchain

Up here in the north east it's just another day...

joe novak

Hello,  I live just east of Amherst, Ohio (KTM and Penton headquarters).  After a few days of light rain which melted the few inches of snow, the snow began falling again.  Forecast may include a foot of snow over the next week, or more.  Snowfall varies greatly along the Great Lakes region due to the Lake Effect which can produce extreme amounts of snow in the "snow belts", and just a few inches in other areas.   A good example of this was about two weeks ago when Buffalo, NY received about 2 feet of snow near I-90, and we in Cleveland received a light dusting of snow.   My experience is that lake effect snow is a light, powdery snow, which can almost be removed with a broom or brush.   When I live, most snow is a heavy, wet snow, and difficult to shovel.   joe

thrownchain

I'm in central upstate NY. Where I am, we got about 6 inches out of the last storm. Half hour drive north of here, they got 3 feet, half hour drive south, got almost none. Snow can vary greatly in just miles.