72-73 Six Day rear spokes

Started by Ken Faro, February 21, 2011, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Faro

I need a set of spokes for the rear of my 73 six days,these are the bare hubs,not the black ones,I want to lace up a nice Sun rear wheel instead of the skinny OE steelie as I already have a DID in the front...Buchanans wants samples to make a set and I dont want to pull apart my wheel and wait 3-4 weeks...I already have a spare rear hub ready to go...what are you guys using?...OE will be fine and I need a complete set...thanks again for steering me in the right direction...Ken Faro

Ron

I took an old set of spokes into Buchanans and picked up new ones the next day.
Their turn around has always been pretty quick for me.

Ken Faro

They said they are behind,anyway I dont have any samples to take them,I have my complete wheel on my race bike,a fresh hub and a Sun hoop...do you know if the spokes are only inner/outer so there is only two different ones?

OUCWBOY

About 9 years ago, I just called them on the phone and told them what I had and got my spokes 3 days later. I wish I could remember the name of the guy I talked with, because he knew right off the bat what spokes I needed.

Donny

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

fosterboy

Hey Ken I have a complete new set for the Penton straight hub including nipples. You would have to come to Foster City to pick them up! Drop me a line eddiestimach@yahoo. Hey Donny long time no talk how are you doing? Latter Ed

72 Monark 125cc        68 Penton 100cc         68 Zundapp 100cc
72 Monark - project    
76 Hercules 175 - project
possible Penton-Hiro project

Ken Faro

Hi Ed,I forgot you were the local Penton go to guy in Cali...I sent you a message,Thanks

OUCWBOY

Hey Ed,
Yep, been doing many other things, but now it's time to get back to the FUN!

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

fosterboy

I don't know about go to guy Ken but I have a few treasures packed away! I am at work right now so I will return your e-mail when I get home. Glad all is well with you Donny I wish I could start up with my projects but the House is priority one at least that is what the wife says! Latter Ed

72 Monark - project    

Kip Kern

I just had Buchanans make a set (36)with nipples for my MZ 250, $62 and about a week turn around. Penton spokes are pretty easy to find as the 100, 125, 175 were all the same from 69-73.  Straight hub;)

thrownchain

I believe the wheel and spoke guy at Buchanan's is "Angel". Thats who I normally talk with.

gooddirt

The early Cross Two lace pattern spokes are shorter .

fosterboy

Hey LG I have a box of used spokes waiting for you what you want to do with them give me a call,ed

72 Monark - project    

Ron

Ed, I had a 68 Zundapp 100cc ISDT Replica back around 1970.
Used to get my but kicked regularly by Hodaka's, couldn't hardly pull 4th gear in the desert and the Hodaka's were 5 speeds.
Don't know what ever happenned to mine. I traded it for an AT1 and never knew where it went ater that.
It was a super cool looking bike and always got a lots of attention. Sure wish I would have keep it.
Ron

Dale Fisher

I purchased my Radelli rims and spokes from Walridge.  They should stock both stainless and galvanized and are relatively inexpensive by comparison to Buch's.

http://www.walridge.com/section/view/

Dale Fisher
Pure Michigan
So many projects, so little time!
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Ken Faro

Angel at Buchanans hooked me up...he even knew what spokes I needed to use with the Sun alloy rim as they are different than the stockers...thanks for the help and mission accomplished,Ken