Replacement Gas Caps ! Finally !

Started by DKWRACER, December 11, 2000, 06:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Finally, gas caps for bayonnet mount twist on type (most prevalent)..I have had a limited number of gas caps made to replace the original ones that leak. Keep your original for historys sake. These are black plastic with locking mechanics out of brass..have a vent stub for a vent hose for overflow, great for thirsty 400's..These work !!!! I've ridden over 135 miles on the prototype and no problems..Price = $13.00 for one multiples of two to five = $12.00
Send $3.00 also to help with postage (money orders pref.)
Tom Brosius
#69R
209 So Yates
Denver, Col. 80219
Long live the Penton Dream.....

Edited by - DKWRACER on 12/19/2000  10:07:22 AM
Thomas Brosius

Chris Brown

Which model years do these fit?
I need one that's about 4" in diameter for my 78 400. Mine leaks like crazy, even with a new neoprene seal.
Chris

DKWRACER

Replacement gas caps are for early 70's up to 77 models with non threaded type cap assly. some of the MC5's had these bayonnet locking types as well, typical tanks construction was fiberglass...typical cap that mine replaces are the aluminum ones with cork sealing gasket....
Tom Brosius

Thomas Brosius

Larry Perkins

Tom,

E-mail me if you are interested in trading some of these for parts.  A picture would be cool too.

DKWRACER

Attention Penton racers, I have several of these caps for sale on EBAY and included are two pictures etc.....
Hope this helps,
Also have two OEM caps in VGC !!!
[email protected]
Tom Brosius

Thomas Brosius

Heinz Raidel

Unsolicited Testimony:

These caps work!  If you're racing/riding and need a cap these can't be beat.

\\"Sometimes the only mark we make in life is in our shorts.\\"