ARE YOU A PENTON OWNER'S GROUP MEMBER? EDITORIAL

Started by Larry Perkins, March 23, 2011, 08:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

Renewed for two years in December.  Small paperwork snafu put me in the inactive group which is now straightened out.  Thanks to everyone involved in the administrative end of the group for all your hard work!

With all respect I've been guilty of straying off target at times but it seems there has been a trend in off-brand, off topic posts.

Dale Fisher
Pure Michigan
So many projects, so little time!
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Larry Perkins

Dale,

Old dirt bikes are like old dirt bike racers-There are all different kinds and the older they get the better they were.:D

Larry P

veelab

Interesting topic.

I am not sure how much growth in POG membership is part of the strategy and desired. Bigger is not always better and growth could, for example, change the dynamics of the group, require more administration, etc

However, I believe it would be quite easy to rapidly grow membership of the POG by implementing a couple of small changes on the POG website. For example, a highly visible promo slot on the main page with clear value prop, an easy way to join by integrating a simple checkout process, the ability to manage membership online, and especially the support of standard online payment methods as this would allow international members to join the group.

Personally I think the POG membership for $20 is the deal of the century and with some design tweaks and aggressive promotion [ad banners etc] the group size could probably be doubled in size within a year or two. Again, not sure this is desirable.

- Bernd

Kip Kern

Larry

Thanks again for the great deal on the original "77" Husky 360!  When you see it again, it will look brand new!

Larry Perkins

Thanks for giving it a good home Kip.  The dollars will help me get some of those you saw in the garage done and sold.  I look forward to seeing your handywork.  Always good to see you and visit.

Larry P

DKWRACER

GIUSEPPE LUCAROTTI.........a name not heard of within the Penton clan.
Why?
If you decide to sell a Penton, make no mistake about it. It is a peace of your life............ok now, got sgehhti on the stove.
If I continue, I will run outa Pentons, but I will never run from a dream....do you see, it is not the color of the jersey, it is always the message from the heart....
LT
Thomas Brosius

sixdazed

Sent in for the 2? years delinquent(09 to now) and 5 years ahead.I feel much better now:DThanks for the reminder Larry,
                                                      Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

OUCWBOY

Ric, I just did the same as you.. Again thanks Larry for the reminder.. You are the Man!!

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Roy Smithson

checkcrew

Quotequote:Originally posted by Roy Smithson

Pray tell,How do you join? Roy

Roy,

2nd item down on the home page : JOIN POG

hope this helps,

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Roy Smithson

Thanks! I have never seen that page before. ;)

I have this site saved on my favorites as the forum page.

I'm slow. And old. Roy

pketchum

Best TWENTY BUCKS I've ever spent Larry.  Although I don't have my POG Membership number memorized, and don't remember how long I've been a POG member, I just re-upped recently for another 2 years.  Heck, I've never ever owned a Penton, but do own a couple of vintage KTM's (79/80).
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

pketchum

Best TWENTY BUCKS I've ever spent Larry.  Although I don't have my POG Membership number memorized, and don't remember how long I've been a POG member, I just re-upped recently for another 2 years.  Heck, I've never ever owned a Penton, but do own a couple of vintage KTM's (79/80).
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka