Recovery in Japan

Started by firstturn, March 25, 2011, 09:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

I have had several people ask me about Honda and the recovery in Japan.  There was damage to The Honda Collection, but the main thing right now is to help the people that need help.  When you look at these pictures understand what can be done when you get busy and keep politicians out of the loop.  Thanks for all your thoughts and Prayers for the Japanese people and their recover.....

This road runs up the coast, about 20 miles east (as the crow flies) from Motegi / Honda Collection Hall.

Can you imagine this being accomplished in the USA by our Union folk   ??

Click  Here

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3489027/Japans-on-the-road-to-recovery.html

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

checkcrew

Uncle Ron,

the link you wrote about didn't make it,

i would like to see it,

EDIT: thanks Uncle Ron !!! Unbelievable, i tip my hat to them !!

thanks,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Gordon Brennan

Here are some before and after photos. Appear to be satalite images. Move the cursor from right to left.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/japan-quake-2011/beforeafter.htm

tomale

thats amazing,, brother ron thanks

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
74' TM125 suzuki
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Doug Bridges

The situation in Japan Has made me sick to my stomach. They are an amazing society and are truly good people that I have tremendous respect for. I pray for them daily.
The road repair was a tremendous accomplishment and I have no doubt that they will rebuild completely in time. However being an American "Union" worker I have no doubt that we in the USA could and would do the same. The bigger problem in our country would be for our general population to remain as calm and orderly as the Japanese have during this disaster. This behavior is what sets there society apart from ours.
Thanks for sharing this with us Ron

Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R
Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R

rd400pi

Ron,
  My wife and I lived in Japan 20 years ago with the USAF.  We lived the next town North of the where the huge fishing boat on it's side was photographed.  The Japanese were very nice people and we had some great experiences.  Lots of neat stories.  One that I liked telling was since we were very far North in farming country, it wasn't crazy crowded like Tokyo and other large cities.  When you came to a 4 way traffic light at night there were maybe 6-8 cars tops.  You could tell which cars had Japanese and which cars had U.S. GI's by what they did when stopped.  The locals all turned their headlights off and left running lights only.  That was so as to not shine in the eyes of the drivers across the intersection.  When their traffic light turned green, lights would come on and away they drove.  Very polite folks.  The rest of us just did our normal thing.  As mentioned in this thread already, I agree that their people can probably handle some adversity a bit calmer than some of ours.  Hope all is well with you these days.  Cheers.

Mike H.
  Tulsa POG

Kip Kern

Ditto Mike, I lived there all of 1977 and the people were fantastic.  I really feel for them, just wished there was more I could do.

Richard

I'm not sure if this topic is about the Japanese people or about American union workers, but the next time you are watching Fox news and see a C-130 delivering bottled water to thirsty people in Japan, think "union made".