Selling out

Started by Terence McEnally, March 28, 2011, 10:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terence McEnally

Selling my stuff. Special prices for POG members.
\\"Illegitimi Non Corborundum\\"

Terence McEnally

If it doesn't all get sold could I just give it to POG members?

gooddirt

You will be finishing the three up, right?  Thats the price when they are done?

Terence McEnally

Yes they will be finished and triple gold-plated with whitewall tyres. Other questions?

Terence McEnally

PS: Definitely not firm prices, especially for all you good brethren in POG!

gooddirt

Then I will take one.:D So what are the pog prices?

SouthRider

Wow - this must mean that my bike is worth tens of thousands.......
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

acemoto

Terrence what cause you to sell off all your Penton motorcycle projects?
Larry

Bob Seymour

No one can begrudge trying to get the most out of what the market may bare,unrealistic as it may be. Unfortunately with this economy everything is down,including our beloved collectible vintage bikes. Reality is a hard cold taskmaster.

acemoto

Wow just looked at those craiglist prices they are a dash on the high side ,
Terence thanks for selling me the ST1 rear Hub and rim.
Hope you sell your bikes
regards
Larry

Terence McEnally

Wow. Buncha snide remarks. Not one single offer to play ball. My heart is heavy and sad. How does this work again? I say a price, then you say "too high, how about _____". Then I say, "well ya see I really need ____." The YOU say, "well, I wish I could but ____ is about the best I can do." At least that's what I thought. I'm wrong; sorry. New to this whole thing. How's this: "Here it all is. I need to sell it. Gee whiz. How much will you pay?" Does that work? Hope so. There is one last option, but I'm saving it. May not be for polite company.

"Illegitimi Non Corborundum"

gooddirt

I see humored  remarks... I would read your post as a bit Snide, but I maybe wrong... I posted what is the the POG price . Some of the bikes are in the ball park. The others are a bit wacky.:) Also the Inter POG site e-mail does not work if you were waiting for a response.

Veritas Lux Mea [8D]

firstturn

Terence,
  I agree with you and feel like if the people making the comments are interested they should call you or send you a email.  I like the old saying.....Illegitimi Non Corborundum.  Good luck on selling your Penton items and I appreciate you letting us know the items are for sale.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

SouthRider

Terence,

I was trying to be funny, but in review it comes off a bit high handed. Sorry about that.

You know in a former life I was a REALTOR for about 10 years, and the homes that always sold for the highest price were the ones that were priced very close to the market value initially.

There is just something about people that makes them not even look at a home that is priced significantly higher than the market. Homes that were drastically overpriced ended up taking forever to sell after dozens of small incremental price changes, and usually for LESS than market value (cause if they were on the market that long people assumed that there MUST be something wrong with them - even if there wasn't).

I would suggest that you do some research to find out what similar bikes have actually been selling for, and then price your bikes just a tad higher than that to leave yourself some room for the inevitable haggling. Check ebay for finished sales. You can also contact a few POG members who have recently sold bikes, I'm sure some of them may be willing to share their sales price with you.

The more that you NEED to sell the less haggle room you should leave - and if you have less need to sell then you can leave slightly more wiggle room, but not TOO much or you fall into the trap of the home sellers above. It's better to price something very close to market & be firm on the price than it is to price something too high with hopes of working your way down to the market (you just attract more buyers).

Again, sorry for the slight - let me know if you need any help.

Clark
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax