(too) fat calves?

Started by OhioTed, April 12, 2011, 06:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioTed

Seems there's not enough adjustment in my boot straps when I've got knee/shin pads on under my riding pants.  I'm not exactly shrinking these days, but I don't have the calves of Charles Atlas, either.  Is this a common problem?

Lew Mayer

Not for me but I got chicken legs.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

RRSAC

You might try raising the shin pads on your leg.  The lower mine are the harder it is to fasten my boots.

Lloyd Boland

Time to get out the electric carving knife!!!!  A little lipo trimming.;)[}:)]

Some boots have longer adjustable straps than others.

I wear Astrix(sp)knee braces under mine and have no problem ;)

Possibly just the brand of boots.

Lloyd

tomale

I have always had this problem. I should be wearing some kind of knee/shin protection but frankly, there is just not room. I do wear sort of Ace bandage kind of thing that helps to keep the knee cap in place but that is not nearly enough and I do not recommend it. what ever happen to race pants that had inserts like my old pair of Hallman leathers?

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
74' TM125 suzuki
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Paul Danik

Ted,

Refer to the Home Page Photo, and the photo of JP in the Home Page Photo thread, for the proper way to exercise one's calves.  Surely you didn't think that the Steel Tank Penton could not get through that little puddle, or that JP had to actually get off the NSU to cross that little bit of contained moisture, nope...they were just getting their calves in shape.....

I am sure that a couple of trips around the block each evening while pushing your Penton will surely help with the fit of your boots.

As always, only to glad to help :)

Paul

SouthRider

When I was a young man Don Burgess told me stories of how John used to toughen up the boys.

One of them was that he used to make them race their bikes against each other with the engines off and the chains tightened up like a banjo string.

Paul - maybe you, Dane, or Jack will tell us if there is any truth to that story?

Clark
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax