Stillwater Ok

Started by Gene Saunders, April 28, 2011, 05:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfpotter

Gene Saunders

Thanks Patrick, I will head that way tommorrow.

Jeff D

Report from the Vinduro site indicates some good trail sections but a murderous motocross special test.  ISDT vet Dwight Rudder broke a couple of fingers.  ISDT vet Greg Holder endoed hard.  Another guy buggered up a knee.  Yet another broke 7 ribs.  Not exactly what I'd expect from a vintage friendly test.  
Light turnout, about 60 entries.  Hopefully some first-hand reports will be posted here tomorrow.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Larry Perkins

The MX track is a real MX track built by Guy Cooper but the injuries all came on the trail.  Well, I did crash good coming through the scoring shoot on the MX hot lap test when I clipped a PVC pole breaking it and tumbling the timing device.[:0]  Dwight's fingers were from a tree mishap.  Of course since bark busters were not used back then he did not have them and is convinced they would not have helped.:D  He is a tough cookie regardless finishing the day and plans on doing tomorrow.  I think the only Pentons here are me, Chicago Jerry, and Mike Parker.  We are all on Gold.  Mike and I are leading our respective classes and Jerry is just seconds behind Mike in 2nd.  One terrain special test tomorrow and 5 MX lap special test.  We all got to go to Guy Cooper's house today and see his fantastic motorcycle and memorabilia collection.  He has Steel Tanker V035 there.

Larry P

chicagojerry

i thought that it was a great event. the club was well organized, and they enjoyed having us there.  the trails were pretty tight, with a couple of ravines that were well worn that i heard some guys grousing about catching their footpegs. i think that for the most part, the vast majority of the riders enjoyed it and would go back there for another event. the mx track was challenging but i certainly would not call it murderous and it did not contain supercross style jumps that are on virtually every mx track in america.but it was not a isdt style grass track. craig hayes is who injured his ribs pretty bad and broke his left arm.  he high-sided at speed while in a timed special test. he is quite an accomplished expert rider, so it could happen to any of us as we all know. he thought enough of the course to encourage his wife, becky, to go ride the second day instead of sitting at the hospital with him.  would i go back there? you bet! the ONLY caveat for me personally is the travel distance.  
   hey guys, we have to get some more pentons out there again to these things. those hodaka guys are showing us up and those things are annoying. :D chi jer

Lew Mayer

The distance for me is out of the question but I did keep the Penton banner flying this weekend at the PVR/Northeast regional CC at Wild Ride MX. Some sections there were tighter than most trial sections I ride.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Jeff D

Report from the Vinduro site indicates some good trail sections but a murderous motocross special test.  ISDT vet Dwight Rudder broke a couple of fingers.  ISDT vet Greg Holder endoed hard.  Another guy buggered up a knee.  Yet another broke 7 ribs.  Not exactly what I'd expect from a vintage friendly test.  
Light turnout, about 60 entries.  Hopefully some first-hand reports will be posted here tomorrow.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Larry Perkins

The MX track is a real MX track built by Guy Cooper but the injuries all came on the trail.  Well, I did crash good coming through the scoring shoot on the MX hot lap test when I clipped a PVC pole breaking it and tumbling the timing device.[:0]  Dwight's fingers were from a tree mishap.  Of course since bark busters were not used back then he did not have them and is convinced they would not have helped.:D  He is a tough cookie regardless finishing the day and plans on doing tomorrow.  I think the only Pentons here are me, Chicago Jerry, and Mike Parker.  We are all on Gold.  Mike and I are leading our respective classes and Jerry is just seconds behind Mike in 2nd.  One terrain special test tomorrow and 5 MX lap special test.  We all got to go to Guy Cooper's house today and see his fantastic motorcycle and memorabilia collection.  He has Steel Tanker V035 there.

Larry P

chicagojerry

i thought that it was a great event. the club was well organized, and they enjoyed having us there.  the trails were pretty tight, with a couple of ravines that were well worn that i heard some guys grousing about catching their footpegs. i think that for the most part, the vast majority of the riders enjoyed it and would go back there for another event. the mx track was challenging but i certainly would not call it murderous and it did not contain supercross style jumps that are on virtually every mx track in america.but it was not a isdt style grass track. craig hayes is who injured his ribs pretty bad and broke his left arm.  he high-sided at speed while in a timed special test. he is quite an accomplished expert rider, so it could happen to any of us as we all know. he thought enough of the course to encourage his wife, becky, to go ride the second day instead of sitting at the hospital with him.  would i go back there? you bet! the ONLY caveat for me personally is the travel distance.  
   hey guys, we have to get some more pentons out there again to these things. those hodaka guys are showing us up and those things are annoying. :D chi jer

Lew Mayer

The distance for me is out of the question but I did keep the Penton banner flying this weekend at the PVR/Northeast regional CC at Wild Ride MX. Some sections there were tighter than most trial sections I ride.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Dwight Rudder

I caught my fingers on a horizonal branch & folded & twisted them , breaking two metacarpals in my left hand in a radial break. I see surgeon on Thursday to decide what needs to be done. I didnt even fall.

OUCWBOY

Dwight,
I hope the best for you with you hand.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Gene Saunders

I got home at noon yesterday. I had a great time at the Stillwater event. I knew it would be a long drive, but I want to do all three ISDT events. The Stillwater club did a great job laying out the coarse, and running the event. At first I did not like the mx track, but Sunday it was fun. I think we just needed to ride it alittle. The CC coarse was fun with alittle of everything. I didn't think it was all that tight. Our coarses in the NCHSA are alot tighter than that. Well I'am ready for Ohio now!! Hope to see everyone there!! Later, Gene