Freestone Vintage race

Started by brian kirby, April 30, 2011, 06:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian kirby

The Freestone MX track is holding a Vintage race, using AHRMA class structure but not sanctioned by AHRMA, Sunday May 29th the day after the AMA National. It will be on a "natural terrain grass track" in a different area than either the National track or their Amateur track. I am going, I'll probably bring the Penton 100, '77 MC5 400 and '79 Maico 440. I've heard a couple of Texas guys are bringing 100s so it might be a decent turnout.

They are also having a judged Vintage bike show Saturday during the AMA National, so if you have a pretty bike, but dont want to race you might consider that too. Here is a link to the Vintage info:

http://freestonemx.com/racing/events-2/vintage-classic/

Brian
Brian

brian kirby

I read a little closer and they are going to pick some of the vintage bikes from the show to do a parade lap on Saturday as part of the opening ceremonies for the AMA National! How cool would that be to get to do a lap on the day of the big race?

Brian
Brian

Freestone

We hope everyone in this part of the country can make it to Freestone.  We continue to develop the park-like atmosphere so everyone can enjoy.  It's great being on Memorial weekend.  It is really an honor that we have been chosen to host the round on such a national holiday.  We just hope we make your stay a pleasant one.

Tom Shields
Freestone County Raceway, LLC
Wortham, Texas
//www.FreestoneMX.com
713.880.5533 Office
Tom Shields
Wortham, Texas
www.FreestoneMX.com
713.880.5533 Office

firstturn

Thanks Tom for posting.  People should understand that you and Tony have a world class operation and have brought National MX back to Texas.  This is a great track...all of them.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

brian kirby

I might be bringing a Jackpiner for someone else to ride so I probably wont bring the Maico, or I might bring a trailer and take all four. Either way, I'm in.

Brian
Brian

Freestone

Brian,

Heck, bring them all.

That goes for anyone.  Running or not, mint or rusted.  Let everyone else appreciate it.

Tom Shields
Wortham, Texas
//www.FreestoneMX.com
713.880.5533 Office
Tom Shields
Wortham, Texas
www.FreestoneMX.com
713.880.5533 Office