Good bye April, hello May..

Started by Paul Danik, May 03, 2011, 09:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Once again it is time to turn the page on the Penton Owners Group 2011 calendar.

The photo that Robert Zacks provided for April that has little "Catie" sitting in front of Robert's Penton is pretty neat, thanks Robert for providing it.  Maybe someday Catie will be riding that machine, I know of a few other POG gals that can twist the throttle pretty darn good :)

The photo for May that Mike Scholl provided is of his awesome looking Berkshire, I really love the J & J  Cycle Sales on the number plates. However, what really caught my eye is the smaller photo that Mike provided that is also on the calender, it shows the Berkie with two young children looking over the seat from behind the Penton, maybe Mike's children ? If so you better get another Penton ready Mike as they won't be wanting to share one Penton between them forever:)

I recently was asked to fill out a questionnaire about the POG for an upcoming meeting of vintage club leaders that will be taking place during VMD. One of the questions asked for a list of what might be considered strengths of our organization. I listed the fact that we have numerous multi-generation members as one of our strengths, these pictures sure help to prove that point. I realize that the children in the calendar photos may not be actual members, but they sure look like members in training to me.

Thank you Robert and Mike for including the children in your photos, it says a lot about the quality of folks that we have as members.

Thanks also to Randy Kirkbride for putting these calenders together each year.

Paul

Randy Kirkbride

The POG Calendar project has always been a pleasure to do. It's always nice to see all those great pictures supplied by members, and trying to deceide which ones to use and where to use them. Sometimes it's a real challange. Soon it will be time to start accumulating pictures for the 8th edition (2012), so I will need a new batch of pictures from everyone to work with. Without all these great pictures there would be no calendar, so everyone needs to start looking through those old shoeboxes, and get that camera & take some new pictures of those projects, too. I'll be starting on it later this summer.  Thanks to everyone for supporting the POG through this project.

mike scholl

Paul,

Thank you for the compliment! Randy deserves all the credit for making these cool calendar's! The two little red head girls are all mine! They both helped me tinker on "Penny" when I was restoring it. The number plates were done by Jeff Clark he also reproduced the decals that are on my fenders. These were the same ones my parents had made when they were in buisness back in the day. I am also trying to convince my good friend Wally Wilson that he needs to sell me the 1973 Jackpiner he just purchased (Stole) from a customer he was making a delivery too. The story is told in the general discusion forum under "Wheelsports in Columbus Field Trip" After talking with Wally he has the title for it which states it came from my parents buisness (J & J Cycle Sales) It also has a original green binder manual with brochures and Penton decals in it! not to mention the bike has some cool items on it as well. My only problem as of now is locating a complete 74-75 Jackpiner with the silver motor to trade him. I have my work cut out for me but Im sure I can make it happen then my only problem will be which girl gets Berkshire and which one gets the Jackpiner??

Sincerely,
Mike Scholl

[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

kenbike

You will have a really great project bike if you get the Jackpiner from Wally, it is so cool it came from your parents shop!  What was the name and location of the shop and was that still the original owner that sold the bike to Wally?