Gods speed Jay

Started by thrownchain, May 29, 2011, 12:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimpal

Just now saw the post Dan. Although I dont really know you, I feel I do from the emails we have shared..I thank you for them..I know these last months have been tough, especially this one with the holiday..I will pray for you and your family, and your daughter-in-law. She sounds like a great wife and person. May the God of all comfort, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, be for you and yours what only He can be..

Jim P.
Jim
1972 Jackpiner
1974 Hodaka Dirt Squirt

thrownchain

Well it's been almost a year, you learn to live with the loss. To keep Jay's memory going we're having the first annual benefit in Jays honor. There will be a BBQ chicken dinner, music, and we're raffling off a 32" flatscreen TV. There will also be door prizes given out. The tickets for the TV are $10 a chance if anyone wants in, I can deliver the TV to Mid Ohio, Unadilla or if you're farther away, we'll work something out. The dinners are $15 and include a full meal and drink. Jay was a big fan of Bald Eagles and all monies raised will go to the Bald Eagle program at the local wildlife preserve. Each year we will pick a worthy cause to donate to, Jay always went on the "Bikers for Babies" rides and we hope to ride in his place this year and hopefully have them as recipient in the future.

Again a big THANK YOU to all the people who donated to Jays family last year, they are moving forward and doing well. If anyone would like to make a donation to this cause by all means feel free to join in, if you're in the Central NY area on June 9th and would like to stop by the event let me know and I'll get you info.  Thx