Thanks to Paul Danik, John & Jack Penton

Started by Bill Campbell, June 20, 2011, 05:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Campbell

Gentlemen,
  I just received my signed MC5 tshirt Fron Adrian and am over the moon. Thanks Paul for lokking after Adrian and thanks to John and Jack for the signatures. Paul you should have snuck yours on there as well. I hope one day I can catch up with all of you or reay your hospitality if you ever come to Australia. Thank you very much.

Bill

Paul Danik

Bill,

It was a pleasure meeting Adrian and spending the day with him.  He said you had an MC 5 and we were lucky enough to come up with that shirt for John and Jack to sign, glad you are happy with it.

There is one problem with Adrian that maybe you can help us with, he sent me some pictures from the recent Classic Dirt 8 event that was held in Australia and he refers to his machine as a KTM/Penton, instead of a Penton/KTM :) We gotta get him straightened out ! ! ! Just kidding of course.

Thanks for the nice post and for helping to keep the Penton name and story alive and well in your part of the world. It was interesting to hear John and Adrian discuss how the machines were sent to Australia in the early days. Jack said that he and Kevin Lavoie made the trip to Australia in I think 1977 for a race and stayed in the importers home, I believe it was a Mr. Flood at that time..

Hopefully you folks can make the trip to Vintage Days sometime and we can all meet, or maybe we just need to make the trip Down Under......

Take care,
Paul