Dane Leimbach

Started by Jack Penton, June 23, 2011, 05:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthRider

Wow - the fastest 100 cc racer in the world has been slowed by a physical impairment.

Dane, you have been one of my heroes since I was 13 years old. It has been a tremendous honor & pleasure getting to know you & spending time with you in the pits at the ISDTRR.

When I broke my hip 2 years ago - little did I know that it would leave me as a spectator at the races, and then bless me with getting to spend more time getting to know the heroes of my youth.

This time we have together re-living the follies of our childhood is fleeting. We really need to focus on the camraderie and enjoy it while we can.

All my best to you & your family. May you handle this bump in the road with the same grace & dignity that you have shown throught the rest of your life.

Clark
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

SouthRider

I see that the paypal link is now up and running on the facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=138615436214435

Anyone who cannot attend should consider making whatever type of contribution that they can afford.

Clark
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

swamp fox

Having met Dane and the rest of the Penton Family/Fraternity/Sorority at Mid Ohio, I can say that it was an honor to be in the presence of such a wonderful group of people. They made me feel part of the family.

Dane, I wish you and your family the best, and pray that this will just be a checkpoint that you will beat on the trail.
God bless you all.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

firstturn

Thanks Robert.  Please email me this picture....Thanks again.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

joe novak

Another great photo of POG members having fun.   Thank you for sharing.   Joe

dirtymartini

WOW, What a shock...I just got back to this forum after being away for several years. Dane's name was one of the first I knew when I got involved in dirt bikes.

paul a. busick

Don't forget that Dane's benefit at the amherst Medowlarks is getting closer with every passing day. Make your plans to attend. Tickets are available at On the Edge Honda.  If you are not able to be there kindly make a donation.

See you there and down Old Dusty.
Amherst Paul

rpage11

Quotequote:Originally posted by SouthRider

I see that the paypal link is now up and running on the facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=138615436214435

Anyone who cannot attend should consider making whatever type of contribution that they can afford.

Clark

Can't seem to find the paypal connection on this link.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks Skip

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

rd400pi

Can I just PayPal directly to the Meadowlarks or something?  I don't do any of the Facebook/space/twitter/tweet stuff.

Mike H.
  Tulsa

SouthRider

Jack also posted this link on another thread:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=L62AH3TVJFGD4

It should take you directly to paypal.

1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS

Mike McGowan

This is very sad news, I have been away from the Penton site for quite some time. I visited with Dane on and off over the years and he had told me about some health problems he was having. I always remember him as a true sportsman and a nice guy. My wife Connie and I have wonderful memories of the ISDT qualifiers, Dane was always a great help. Dane and his family are in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you Jack for letting us know!

Mike McGowan

firstturn

Ron Carbaugh

Gary Roach

I have started this post several times and then stopped as it was too difficult to put my feelings into words. The thought of someone as special as Dane suffering with this awful disease just makes me so sad. I mentioned to a fellow Pogger at Mid Ohio that I had not been able to bring myself to post anything and he urged me to get to it and reminded me it is not about me, but about letting Dane know how important he is to so many. So here it goes...Like many others I have been lucky enough to have known Dane for many, many years. As a young girl I admired his riding abilities. Once I met him, I was amazed at his intelligence. I have always commented to others how impressed I was with Dane's life long commitment to our sport, in so many capacities. He has always done it without ever expecting any recognition or thanks for his never ending efforts. As a motorcycle dealer for nearly 20 years, I cannot tell you how many times Dane helped me out with ignitions, questions and technical advice. As a CRA promoter, I sat with Dane at our monthly meetings for nearly 20 years. Some of my favorite memories are the annual Josh McCoy Steak Frys at Amherst. For several years "our regular gang" included Dane, Mike Rosso and Kathie & Towne. Let me just say I am glad I have those memories and even happier that what happens inside the Meadowlarks club house, stays at the Meadowlarks club house.[:I] And for the past decade, I have got to enjoy Dane's company as a fellow POG member. But the relationship I cherish most with Dane is that of a friend. I truly feel blessed and honored to be able to call him a friend. Dane, as anyone who knows him will attest to, always has taken the time to help others. Small or huge problems, he jumps right in. Mr. Penton has said that everything comes down to LOVE. Those words could not have more meaning then at a time like this. Dane, I hope you know and can feel all the love that is being sent your way by everyone around you and by everyone who's lives you have touched...including one of your biggest fans...me! [:X]
Toni Roach