Melt-Ohio 2011.

Started by Dale Fisher, July 25, 2011, 09:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

With the exception of the heat I am proud to report my first active experience working for the group was more than I could have imagined.  It is unbelivable how much work goes into putting together such a great event and seeing so many of the members in one weekend!  :D:D:D
The Jackpiner made it's first road trip and received the official "JP" signature on the front number plate.  In the live and learn portion though, the mostly pefect original tank suffered under the withering sunlight and 95 plus degree heat.  It was un-coated inside and contained a  small amount of race gas.  The right side suffered some blistering but minor compared to the left side which was facing the sun.  I'll now be looking for a equivilant replacement and will more than likely give up the resonable shape MX tank picked up for something I need later (not sooner).

Dale Fisher
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
72 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

garrettccovington

Dale,

Bummer about the tank.  I wish I was there, but I was riding up the coast.  I really feel for you guys.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

t20sl

If we really want nice temperatures we need to have AMA move this event to September!!! Ted

rob w

Dale,
Let the tank air out for a few weeks / months. The blistering will recede over time.

garrettccovington

You know,  I've been watching the temps closer than ever this year and it actually has been hotter in the Mid-east, east and south, than it has been in the Mojave Desert.   Ugh!!!

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250