Bent Wheels ISDT

Started by Gene Saunders, August 01, 2011, 05:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene Saunders

I don't see very much information on the next ISDT Bent Wheels rounds 3 and 4 AHRMA race. Is there anyone that can give us a preview of this event?

wfopete

Some details are in the July and August issue of Vintage Views.

Mostly just times, directions & motels.

I understand the course should be fairly fast especially if the CCC is out there with their machine and get the trail groomed.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

brian kirby

I hope the trails are like the ones I've seen in some of the YouTube videos. They look very fast and flowing, my favorite.

Brian
Brian

wfopete

Brian, Hope to see you and other POG members up there. Looking forward to some cooler Michigan riding!

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Bob Bean

Super bummed that I wont be able to ride it now.

Bob

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

1970 125 Six Day
1973 100 Berkshire
1973 Jackpiner 175
1974 Penton 250 Harescrambler
1976 Husky 250CR
1985 Husky 400WRX
1985 Husky 400WR
1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

brian kirby

I still dont know that I can go, and I still have NO idea what bike or class I will ride. If its as fast as it looks I want to ride the '79 Maico 440, anyone want to start it for me at the resets? Or at least carry a booster stand for my short butt? :D

Brian
Brian

Gene Saunders

Brian, I guess you can use the "stump method" like we use in NC.

wfopete

Why don't you bring three bikes? Maybe you'll make up your mind on bike/class during the trip up.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Dwight Rudder

Yes, We need more info for sure.

brian kirby

Gene, I use the stump trick, but I can never find one when I really need it.

Pete, I am planning on bringing two bikes if I go, and if I can work the deal, bringing another Maico home with me.

Brian
Brian

Dwight Rudder

If anyone is staying at the club grounds for the weekend it will be $20 and $10 if anyone is getting a hotel or has other means for a place to stay (off the grounds). Also please spread the word that Michgan ORV/Trail Permits or Permits from other states are HIGHLY recomended. The club will have Michigan ORV/Trail Permits for sale at Registration for $16.25

Dwight Rudder

The Bent Wheels Competition Club is putting on the 2 day qualifer event. The event is located at the Badlands Entertainment Complex & Motel @ 605 N. Williams Street Rose City, MI 48654 located on M-33. The clubs grounds are behind the complex. Primitive Camping (no camp fires),porta jons on site. Camping gate fee is $20.00 for the weekend. There will be 50-60 miles of trail on day 1 and 30-40 miles on day two.

derek martin

I wonder if lights and a license plate are required?

Gene Saunders

You would think all this information would be on the AHRMA website or the Bent Wheels website. I guess this race is a big secret.

brian kirby

Weather.com and Accuweather both show a good chance of rain next weekend in Rose City. Just sayin...

Brian
Brian