Larry Perkins

Started by sixdazed, August 09, 2011, 05:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdazed

Has anyone talked to Larry lately?It's been 2 months since i heard from him and he has some parts i need(and paid for 3 months ago).If somebody can reach him,please have him call me.Anyone else having this problem?Hope he's ok, but this is getting ridiculous.Thanks,
                                                              Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

skiracer

Gee.... I know that tune!
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

thrownchain

I've never had a problem with getting stuff from Larry, I do know he changed jobs and has had a hectic schedule. Hopefully he's seen the post and will rectify the problem .

seanguthrie

I bought a bike from Larry back in Feb.  I've been in contact with him off and on since.  I sent him an email just to check on how he is doing a couple weeks back and never heard anything back.  Hopefully he is just busy and noting bad had happened.

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Kip Kern

I went over to Larry's in the spring to pick up a nice Husky WR 360.  We had a nice visit but have not heard from him recently.  Hope all is OK.

454MRW

I know he is working alot and gives his job top priority above all things it seems. I picked up my Jerseys from him at the Cadillac dealership and some for Mike G. and he made the usually excuses on some parts owed to Mike. He seems ok, but under alot stress, but put on some weight from the looks of things. He has a lot of excuses that obviously don't add up. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
1975 Can Am 175 TNT & 77 250 Black Widow
1979 Husqvarna OR250 & OR390
1976-78 RM & 77-79 PE Suzuki's
1974 CR250M 07 CR125R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Glenn Berry

I also am having trouble reaching Larry. I still have not received my jersey. I talked to him awhile back and he told me it was missed  by the printer and name and number did not get printed. He hoped I would have it for Mid-Ohio. Since than I have not been able to get in touch with him. I know it was a big cammitment and the jerseys look great but hope I will be out the money.

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

DKWRACER

Wait paintshous, there might be good reason to.Why do I say this?
What verse do you you want......When you ride a Penton, do you worry about what jersey you wear?
Life changes do occur, but they do not detract from the core values.............

There is nothing that can ever replace...a well dressed Penton.........

There are virtuous capabilities within the PoG, they take time.

Nurtured, in the theme the "Penton Campfire".....
There is all-ways a "quiet place"

These are moments, they come..................................

Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Larry Perkins

I have been working 12-13 hour days 6 days a week building a career and a future making up for lost time.  I also have been trying to get moved out of the old house so I do not have to pay anymore double rent.  Also have been dealing with my Sisters ill health as her kidneys have failed and she is very ill.  Last but not least I am dealing with my own rhumatoid arthritis and prostate cancer.  The meds I am on have brought about the weight gain for whatever that matters.  Because of all of these things I have made all of them higher priority than motorcycle loose ends.  These things are the excuses that don't add up to some as to why I do not have all my motorcycle loose ends tied up.  My goal is to have the few left to be sewed up by the 7th of August.  

Glenn your jersey will go out by weeks end and I will call you today.  

Ric we spoke about the rest of your stuff going out Wednesday.  That should fix your deal.  Too bad I can not let my Mom see me ride one last time ever again as I did not get the opportunity in that last Best In The Desert race.  That deal can't be fixed.  I am not always at the top of others priorities either.  

Funny how some "Friends" here want to be cut slack and given top consideration when they want something but they can not understand or cut slack back when it is the other way.

Bottom line-For the Very FEW that are owed anything it will get handled fairly quickly and I will be glad to get these last commitments met and be done with motorcycles as they have been a self imposed ball and chain for the last few years.

Larry P

Keith May

This may be a little late as Larry has already replied. I purchased some Sachs gaskets from Larry off Ebay not too long ago. The transaction went well and I waited the usual time for delivery....no gaskets. I sent the customary query through Ebay as to not receiving the parts. In very short order I got a reply from Larry stating that he had gone through some wholesale changes in his life and that he would get the parts out soon. I told him I was in no hurry as these parts were for future teardowns anyway. My parts came within a couple of weeks just as he said. No problem.
I've purchased from Larry before and have always received what was described and in a timely manner. I'd purchase from him again if he were selling what I needed.
Larry, If you're reading this, you've always done right by me. Good luck to you.
Keith May

tomale

Larry, I have waited until now to say anything because I know the kind of man you are.  you are a straight shooter even when you it was not personally to your advantage.. I was sure that it your were late on something there was a really good reason.. I for one never doubted. Sometimes I get so involved in getting things done and the nose is so pressed to the grindwheel that I loose all focus to the out side world.. I am praying for you.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
74' TM125 suzuki
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

400gs6

Never done business with Larry but I'm going to have to disagree here. I've also sold countless parts on the internet.  If I've got your money, it is my obligation to get these parts to you in a timely manner.  I was raised as to not make my problems yours.  If someone has paid for something, it should be delivered promptly not when it's convenient for you the seller.
KURT FLACHBART

Glenn Berry

Larry, sorry to hear of your problems. I hope you realize how much your postings and opinnions are rspected here. That is why so many of us trusted you by sending you money for jerseys with no recourse if jerseys were not received. The only thing I was asking for was a little communication. I hope you do not deceide to leave the motorcycle community and the POG family.

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

Merlin

FWIW, Larry and I have butted heads here and shared our opinions on things too. What many here forget is this stage of our lives is a less than simple time, life can come at you from many directions. I'm sure what Larry was implying by the "ball and chain" quote is the fun had been covered over by commitments and his own health, a situation many here and in the sport can relate to. I too have been in a hiatus from the sport for some things much like Larry, working toward a return one day soon but it is not a priority for the time being.

Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, "it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught".
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

Greg Elliott

Hello Larry,any Penton jerseys left?  I'll take any color. Size xl or L.  Thanks. Greg   Smiles@ provide.net