Dane Leimbach

Started by Kelly Bland, October 08, 2011, 10:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slvrbrdfxr

I was very sad to read the news about Dane reaching the final checkpoint and that his score card was being tallied for the last time. His passing is certainly untimely and he will be greatly missed. My condolences and deepest sympathy to the family. God Bless you Dane.

Dave McCullough

Bud Green

GOD BLESS DANE AND FAMILY
BUD GREEN

chicagojerry

goodbye freind. God bless you. you are already sorely missed. i will keep your family in my prayers.  jerry

joe novak

I am almost speechless, and that does not happen very frequently.  It is difficult to lose a good friend, and past competitor.  joe

Gary Roach

I am sitting at the keyboard crying,and yet,through the tears, I find myself smiling as I recall so many special times & memories of our dear friend. Guess that is Dane still workin' his magic and watching out for everyone else. May his family find comfort in knowing how many lives he has touched. They are in our thoughts & prayers.

Meet you at the end of the trail, will miss you until then.
Toni Roach

Steve Minor

I was having spark problems at the Zink Ranch ISDTRR and Dane came over....introduced himself and ask if he could help. We'd never met but he acted like we were longtime friends. Thanks to him, about an hour later I was back up and running. That's Dane and that's how I plan to remember him. Thanks for your help Dane, see you in the pits.

My prayers to the family.

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

454MRW

Some very special people have a light that shines on those around them, instead of putting themselves in the spotlight. Dane was one of those very special people, and will be remembered fondly for all they have done in this life. His family and dear friends will be in my prayers. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
1975 Can Am 175 TNT & 77 250 Black Widow
1979 Husqvarna OR390
1976-78 RM & 77-79 PE Suzuki's
1974 CR250M 07 CR125R 79 CR250R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Mick Milakovic

The measure of a person's success in life is not the placques that hang on a wall, or the money in their bank account, but rather the people they touch and the fond memories they create.  It's obvious that not only is Dane a success, he is an artist.  God speed Dane, you are loved by all you touched.

Mick
Mick

Jeff D

A true champion, by definition and example, in every facet of his life.  It was such an honor that one of the heroes of my youth knew me by name.  My prayers are with his family.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

SouthRider

Wow - we knew this was coming, but it is still so hard to accept.

I like many of you have felt honored to have a chance to become friends with one of my heroes.

Words can't express the loss of Dane to our sport.

I would like to express my heartfelt condolences to Dane's family, friends, and all the rest of the Penton clan during this difficult time.

Clark Gristina
Covington, La
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

tooclose racing

I met Dane exactly once when I sat next to him during the POG meeting at Vintage Days.  He smiled and shook my hand.  I was at a complete loss for words as I sat next to...The Man. The Myth.

And now I sit here and weep quietly.  Thank you for the homepage photos.

Godspeed, Mr. Leimbach.

Gordon Brennan

I only met Dane once, also at VMD. He taught me a lot about Pentons history with the Mudlark. Can't say I knew him, but enjoyed my short time with him.

rfpotter

I never had the opportunity to meet Dane, but the weight of his friend's words tell you what kind of person he must have been.

God Speed Dane, and God Bless the Family.

Patrick

Lew Mayer

God bless you, Dane, and my heartfelt condolences to his family during this very difficult time.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

OhioTed

And now, his race is run,
His Six-Days are done,
Beloved father, beloved son.

Challengers in his sport, equals in his vocation few of peer,
Yet associates and friends, many, many held him dear.

A champion, a student, a teacher, he taught us all,
His strength, his courage, never did they fall.

May he now find peace, may he rest,
His heart having withstood every measure, every test.

Gone now from our lives we all shall grieve for him as one,
Beloved father, beloved son.

Mine is a better soul for having known you, Dane.  RIP

Ted Guthrie