Wassell Trials Bike

Started by Mike Bower, November 18, 2011, 07:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bower

I'm starting back with the assembly of my Wassell Trials bike after frame painting. Luckily I finally found the head and other parts (coil, bolts, etc.) in my attic! It's kind of like a archeology dig in my own garage/ attic. It's been over 15 years since I took the "Mud Lark" apart. The POG community  has really motivated me on this project. Anyway, I got the triple-tree/ Stem back on. (After having to buy a new headstock bearing. In the disassembly, I lost ONE roller out of the cage.) At this point, I've got the the fork tubes drained and the springs out. Mike G. says Gordon B. is the man when it comes to the infamous Metal Profile forks. I weigh around 200 lbs. I'm looking advice on oil type/ visc.  volume and springs. I found the Greeve's website for the MP forks. (Way cool new Greeves trials bike also.) Any advise is appreciated.

http://www.greevesmotorcyclesltd.com/forks.html

joe novak

Hello Mike,  You asked for ANY advice!  Don't stop working on your Wassell until completion.    Please keep us posted of your progress.  Good luck,  Joe

Gordon Brennan

Hi Mike, I emailed you through the POG system. If you don't receive it, email me directly.
Gordon
[email protected]