FS Iron barrel motor

Started by thrownchain, December 18, 2011, 09:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

I've got a couple of Iron barrel 5A motors that need new homes. Anyone out there need a motor for a project? Both will need to be gone thru, can bring to York in Jan if that helps, or I can ship. Thx.

chicagojerry

what kind of $$  are you looking for?    chi jer

Greg Elliott

Hello,Do you know if these will fit a Rickman (Zundap) frame? I am looking for a motor to rebuild the Rickman.It is a 125 and i can modifit it if needed--modifit=fit + modify...thanks  Greg e

checkcrew

Quotequote:Originally posted by Greg Elliott

Hello,Do you know if these will fit a Rickman (Zundap) frame? I am looking for a motor to rebuild the Rickman.It is a 125 and i can modifit it if needed--modifit=fit + modify...thanks  Greg e

Greg, hi,

the Sachs motor is not an easy replacement for the Zundapp motor,
the drive chain on the Sachs is on the right side versus the left side on the Zundapp, to many practical mods for flipping the wheel and getting the brake system up to par, ie: linkage, break stay, etc,etc.

a good replacement for the Zundapp motor is the Honda SL100 motor with a big bore kit, they seem to mount pretty easily and you don't have to change anything with the rear wheel and break system,

my .02 worth,

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Greg Elliott

Mike, thank you so much.I will look for a Honda.I really want to ride this Rickman!Merry Christmas....Greg

socalmx

We put a Honda SL100 engine in a Rickman frame in the late 70's. What we found out was that we had the engine too far forward. The countershaft was too far away from the swingarm pivot which forced us to run the chain loose. End result were alot of thrown chains. Great bike to put together but make sure to position the engine back in the frame.

thrownchain

A friend of mine put a xl 185 motor in the Zundapp chassis and it workS good. Build the motor mounts to line up the sprockets and you should have no problems. His next one will be a 200 motor in a similar setup.

Ron

Put a Hodaka 125 Combat motor in it. The cases are the same as the 100cc motor Rickman used in the Hodaka Micro Metiese.
Way more powerful than a Honda SL motor.