What's it worth ? ? ?

Started by Paul Danik, January 19, 2012, 10:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

What is it worth...

The market is soft.....

The above question, and then the comment on the "market", are bantered about frequently at swap meets and in general conversations. The old answer " It is worth what someone will pay you for it" is often provided.  Well, if you want to see what someone just paid for "it", and what "it" might be worth, check out the AUCTION RESULTS section under AUCTIONS from the link below.

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/

I know one thing for sure, next time I go through Cleveland I am going to look for a Cleveland motorcycle sitting around, maybe Al Buehner has a bunch of them..:D

Paul

Dale Sonnenschein

Like they say, there's an a$$ for every seat!

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

thrownchain

The problem is everyone watches Barett/Jackson and ebay and the auction sites and automatically thinks their stuff is worth that much too. When in reality it's not even close. Still boils down to it's worth what you can get someone to pay for it. And if you want near auction prices for a bike, you gotta find the guy that wants that bike, and it better be top notch. We've all dumped alot of money and time into a rebuild or restore and are lucky on the sale end of it to get the cost of the parts back, hardly ever make a true profit and never get the time involved back.