chicago jerry rotator cuff surgery

Started by chicagojerry, January 30, 2012, 01:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

home from surgery. major league sling. all went well but doctor was glad that i decided to get it done because there was some significant issues in there. three months recovery. nerve block will wear off this evening and they told me to expect some pretty big pain... good meds though... [:p] thanks to my lovely wife chris for taking good care of me and thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement...:D i doubt that i will riding by then but come on diamond don's and then the first ahrma trustee meeting the next week!  [8D]
chi jer

dennis foley

hang in there jerry, hope to see at unadilla.

Mick Milakovic

Recovery can take a long time, and best done TO THE LETTER OF THE DOCTOR!  My son Jarring tore his ACL at the conference wrestling tournament two weeks ago.  Surgery in two weeks by the same doctor as Payton Manning's knee (I think he's in good hands!).  Doctor swears if Jarrin does it his way that Jarrin will be 100% for football this fall.

Good luck Jerry, we're all pulling for you!

Mick
Mick

chicagojerry

dennis i'll be at unadilla.  loaning out one of my 250's too.  hey mick, i hope your son's acl goes well. is he having a cadaver graft? mine went very well in '08 and that knee is now my good one because i tore up my pcl this last summer but its doing better now too.  i'm pretty religious about doing my PT.  it really helps.  doc said 3 months recovery but that was before he opened me up. i'll know better next monday.. diamonds is 2 1/2 months...and i'm a pretty fast healer especially since i have never been a smoker.  hmmmm..
chi jer

sixdazed

Chi Jer,My Dad has had to go thru rotator cuff surgery 3 times!First time their comeback(repair came apart),second time he got too anxious to play golf,third time so far so good.Be prepared for some uncomfortable nights.I broke my shoulder playing softball a while back and lost many nights sleep because of not being comfortable.Best wishes for a complete and relatively speedy recovery,
          Ric
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

checkcrew

Hey not even one typo here, wait until that nerve block wears off :-)))

keeping you in my Prayers big guy,
 you are in good hands with that darling wife of yours close by - :-))))

talk to you soon,

Quotequote:Originally posted by chicagojerry

home from surgery. major league sling. all went well but doctor was glad that i decided to get it done because there was some significant issues in there. three months recovery. nerve block will wear off this evening and they told me to expect some pretty big pain... good meds though... [:p] thanks to my lovely wife chris for taking good care of me and thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement...:D i doubt that i will riding by then but come on diamond don's and then the first ahrma trustee meeting the next week!  [8D]
chi jer

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Scott Summey

Jerry, I had mine done last July W/no issues and no pain, even after the nerve block wore off (case by case). Just basically uncomfortable. Did the rehab as prescribed and started riding in late November.  Good luck and take it slow!!!!

Scott Summey
72 Six Day
Jacksonville, Florida
Scott Summey
Jacksonville, Florida

woodchuck

At least you were smart enough to get it fixed before you need a complet ereplacement like I did!
Real smart, Chuck P

tomale

Jerry, I am glad to hear you are doing well. I have never been under the knife. I figure that it is only a matter of time. my doctor says my knees are fine but I beg to differ. Speedy recovery my friend!

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

chicagojerry

thanks all for the encouragement.   major pain after the nerve block wore off. during the night i was probably at 8 out of 10 on the pain scale and thats taking oxycontin..   a little better this morning tho...   i'm glad that i had it done,hopefully the healing process goes well and the doctor lets me ride by summer. i will be at diamond don's regardless but may not be running a chainsaw there either..   chi jer

doncw

Being down is no fun. Just part of playing hard so give it time and make sure you do not over do it. Good to hear your a fast healer. I'll catch up with you soon. Cheers Don G.

kenbike

Good news that your surgery went well Jerry.  If you need an extra hand around the house give me a shout and I can stop over.

joe novak

Jerry,  Hope you are feeling better by now, and have a complete recovery in time.   Is physical therapy part of your recovery program?   joe

Bob Gilman

Jerry.My wife had a full blown tear with an operation in Nov.Same meds and block,Has been sleeping in recliner ever since.She cant lay flat in the bed.Too painful.Doctor told her it will be a year before full recovery. She knows what you are dealing with. Be sure to do the P.T. as that is going to make a difference in the use of your arm.  Good Luck with your recovery.