April POG meeting special guest........

Started by Paul Danik, February 11, 2012, 07:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

Gunnar Lindstrom has accepted the invitation to be our very special guest at the April 14th. POG meeting to be held at the National Packard Museum.

As a member of the Motorcycle Hall of Fame, being inducted in the year 2000, the Hall of Fame has a very nice write up on Gunnar that the link below will direct you to that tells of Gunnars many accomplishments.

http://motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?racerid=216

John Penton has stated often that if Husky had just built the 125 that he wanted, the Penton motorcycle would have never come into existence. At VMD a few years back when Husky was featured marque, Gunnar and John were part of a panel discussion and they discussed this topic from their respective points of view, it was a fascinating discussion. Now the attendees of this meeting will get to hear this story, and surely a few more first hand, thanks to Gunnar accepting our offer to attend.

Hope to see you there, and as always, you do not need to be a POG member to attend.

Paul

PS.  Gunnar will have his book Husqvarna Success on hand for anyone who might wish to purchase one and have it personalized by the author.

To view home page photo, click here:
http://www.pentonusa.org/archive/homepage/2012/default_050912.htm

Gary Roach

I have known various folks over the years that have been to the Packard museum, and they all raved about it, and highly recommended going to it. It is one of those places that were on our list, but just had not made it to yet. I was already pretty excited about the POG meeting being held there...but now, to find out that Gunnar Lindstrom is the guest..WOW, THIS IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME EVENT! This is such a special opportunity. Thank-you Paul Danik and everyone else that has made it possible to bring this special guest to us. The association between Husqvarna and Penton has so much history and threads together in so many ways. I was scheduled to work the weekend of the meeting and was debating on if I should take vacation time or not, but when I saw the post about Mr. Linstrom being there, it was a very easy decision to make...see you all there!
[:X]Toni Roach

ABORN

Mr. Danik:  I want to "Thank" you for arranging for Gunnar to attend our April meeting.  I got to know Gunnar back in 1967 when he was hanging around Pentonville.  He and I went to a couple Hare Scrambles together that fall.  I remember very well that at one of those races, Gunnar was warming up his Husky and sheared a flywheel key.  I borrowed a puller from Eldon Barone, who was my Millwright Apprentice at Ford at the time, and guess what:  During the race Gunnar was lapping Eldon and accidently ran over his leg/foot and broke his ankle.  Eldon told his boss when he came back to work that it was all my fault.  Gunnar is a fine gentleman and friend and I look forward to seeing him again at the meeting.  Al

Gary Roach

I went to the Packard Museum web site-

http://packardmuseum.org/index.aspx

I was excited to see that our meeting will take place during the museum's annual special motorcycle display. Check out the "events" section on the site. A cool Penton, owned by a very special POG member, will be featured in their display this year. The museum looks like it is going to be so interesting and awesome! Can't wait...
[:X]Toni

Al Martin

I see the man from mars is also doing a seminar on March 24 at the museum from 11:00 till 12:00

pklinck

Paul,

Can someone attending the April 14th POG meeting have it videoed?

Most of us cannot attend this meeting hosting a special quest speaker with perhaps interesting questions and conversation.  I'm sure it will be a packed house.

I can't attend since I am overseas in Congo.

regards,

peter klinck
peter klinck

Paul Danik

Peter,

We do intend to have the meeting video taped. POG camera man Ted Guthrie will be out of town so we need to find someone who can run the POG camera... Actually it would be great to also find another person to tape the event as well, just like having an extra throttle cable on your bike, never know when it will save the day [8D]

Sorry you won't be able to attend, and thanks for bringing up this important issue.

Paul

Gary Roach

I went to the Packard Museum web site-

http://packardmuseum.org/index.aspx

I was excited to see that our meeting will take place during the museum's annual special motorcycle display. Check out the "events" section on the site. A cool Penton, owned by a very special POG member, will be featured in their display this year. The museum looks like it is going to be so interesting and awesome! Can't wait...

Al Martin

I see the man from mars is also doing a seminar on March 24 at the museum from 11:00 till 12:00

pklinck

Paul,

Can someone attending the April 14th POG meeting have it videoed?

Most of us cannot attend this meeting hosting a special quest speaker with perhaps interesting questions and conversation.  I'm sure it will be a packed house.

I can't attend since I am overseas in Congo.

regards,

peter klinck
peter klinck

Paul Danik

Peter,

We do intend to have the meeting video taped. POG camera man Ted Guthrie will be out of town so we need to find someone who can run the POG camera... Actually it would be great to also find another person to tape the event as well, just like having an extra throttle cable on your bike, never know when it will save the day [8D]

Sorry you won't be able to attend, and thanks for bringing up this important issue.

Paul

ALB

Sounds like Peter is down a river without a paddle. [:0]

Rumors have it that he is secretly on safari in central Africa looking for any stray Penton and KTM motorcycles. On his last trip he almost "bagged" one but it was on the opposite side of a crocodile infested river and surrounded by a pride of lions. [}:)]

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Gary Roach

What time will this awesome event take place? Depending on the times, we may drive up the night before.

thrownchain

I believe the museum opens at noon, and the meeting starts at 1pm. I'm going to drive out on Sat morning.