30mm Bing Slide Smilie

Started by Mick Milakovic, February 19, 2012, 08:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Hi All,

Trying to sort out my brother's '73 JP, and I noticed on the front of the slide, at the bottom, a HUGE smilie that looks like it was machined that way.  Am I correct, or is this carb REALLY wore out?

Mick
Mick

tomale

It is worn out. the more pronounced the smile, the more worn it is..Bing is a great carb, but rebuilding them is expensive. On my Maico's I will run nothing else. my KTM is another matter.
Give Bing international a call..

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Mick Milakovic

If that's the case, and considering the good luck I've had with Mikunis, I guess I'll look for a 32 mm Mic.

Mick
Mick

Ernie Phillips

Before you ditch the Bing, you might want to a new needle and needle jet.  It will not be like new, but may be manageable.  Fitting a Mikuni -- it's a tight squeeze.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

checkcrew

after Bing Int. gets done with you the only thing with a smile will be that old slide :-))))
just had to get that one in there - LOL -

Mick,
 try what Ernie said and replace the needle and needle jet, might just work out fine !!

good luck,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Keith Meatyard

I had a 73 with Bing and the smile on the slide.  I replaced it with a new one to see if it was affecting the bike.  Couldn't tell any difference.  Anyway, Bing International won't have the original slide.  I got a correct new one from Jake Fischer.

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard