Latest POG newsletter is in the mail

Started by ALB, March 03, 2012, 04:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALB

The latest POG newsletter, issue no. 54, is finished and in the mail.

The cover photo features the Penton Wall of the Daytona 200 Monument. This was started 2 years ago and with your help, we need to "get r done" this year. Special thanks to to Conrad Pfeifer for the photos and the nice article that he wrote about it.

As a follow up to the last newsletter, there is another interesting story about the history of Don Galloway's KR/Penton short-tracker bike, no. KR018, that he is restoring.

"Super Hunky", Rick Sieman, wrote an interesting article for us called "Fueding with John Penton". It is about the write up he did on the Penton/ Wassel trials bike that he did for Dirt Bike Magazine in the 70s and what happended after that. Rick is alive and well at //www.superhunky.com.

I would like to thank Al Born for his "Tanker Talk" article. It is about his experience with the first Penton motorcycles at Stone Mountain, GA and the Alligator Enduro in Florida in 1968.

Al Born also gets an "at-a-boy" award for his "The Way It Was" article. There 4 pages of past events and the Penton riders that won them, from old Cycle News issues. You just might see your name listed in there.

The Tech Tips article is on the KTM intake manifolds. It shows photos and explains the differences between what was used on the 1972 thru 1978 cylinders.

If you do not receive a copy of this newsletter, then you are not a current paid-up member.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

seanguthrie

Just noticed my membership expired in Nov.  I'm going to get a check in the mail this week to renew!

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

seanguthrie

Just noticed my membership expired in Nov.  I'm going to get a check in the mail this week to renew!

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Rocket

Al
I got the newsletter but there was not a CD included.  Was everyyone supposed to get the CD?
thanks
Rod

Paul Danik

Greetings,

We have a bit of DVD confusion caused by the DVD thread from 2009 being brought back to life by a current response from our old riding buddy Jim Hollander, hotgrips. Mystery solved :) The DVD being mentioned was mailed out 2 years ago.

Please keep bringing those old threads back to life as all of your comments keep this site interesting and informative.

Jim, hope to see you at an ISDTRR soon....

http://www.pentonusa.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10469&whichpage=1

Thanks,
Paul