Marzocchi/Ceriani identification

Started by imported_n/a, May 06, 2002, 09:41:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

I recently purchased a front end that had been on a vintage YZ, but clearly was Penton/KTM.  A Sun rim and black magnesium KTM front hub were connected to a pair of 35mm offset axle forks.  Accessory triple clamps completed the package.  The seller represented the forks as Marzocchi, but I believe them to be 225mm Cerianis.  Since the stock triple clamps aren't there, they can't give a clue.  I checked my September '76 Penton spare parts manual, and the forks appear to be the Cerianis, at least going by the drawing.  However, the rubber wipers are Marzocchi!  Also, there is a set of 35mm Marzocchis on ebay right now, and my forks are not that model.  My question is:  Is there some identification somewhere on the tubes or sliders that I can confirm the brand?  I need to order seals and I don't want to order the wrong parts.  Any help?  Glenn

Mike Lenz

The cer iani offset forks had a what could be described as looking like a large nut on the bottom of the outer slider,eight pionted I believe. The Marzooks got larger at the bottom inch or so with only two flat sides.

imported_n/a

Mike, these forks have what looks like the nut on the bottom.  Also, the oil drain plug is above the nut on the rear of the sliders.  It seems the 35mm Marzocchis had the drain more near the bottom.  From your comment, it seems like my forks are the Cerianis.  However, the Marzocchi wipers really threw me.
Thanks.
Glenn