Started by wfopete, April 12, 2012, 07:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfopete

Anyone have any experiance with this???

Snake oil or smarter tech?

Saw it at:

http://www.dcvmx.com/xcart/product.php?productid=20385&cat=0&page=&featured=Y

Mikuni VM Round Slide Ultimate Flow Optimizer
A simple, trouble-free aerodynamic piece that fits Mikuni 32-38mm VM carburetors. Makes a normal, round slide carburetor out-perform the more expensive flat slide carburetors by eliminating turbulence and increasing air flow and velocity, creating a highly atomized fuel charge. Normal gains are 3/4 HP to 1 HP per 100cc of engine displacement. (Rejetting ad tuning is required)

•The kit contains 2 disks per carb for either a 3.0 or 3.5 cutaway.
•More horsepower/less fuel
•Broader power band
•Explosive throttle response
•Superior fuel atomization

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

brian kirby

I have not used one, but when I worked at the dealership we installed them in ATVs. The owners said they worked, but I doubt that you could feel the difference. The flat bottom that this piece creates is the reason the Bing is supposed to make more power, if you look at a Bing slide its essentially flat on the bottom.

Brian
Brian

[email protected]

Pete these definately work well especially when the carb is tuned correctly. We have been using these for about ten years now on the race engines. Definately helps !
Thanks
Paul

tomale

I have seen them installed on several bikes and they do work but only if you are the kind of rider that is willing to open the throttle. they really do not help much at less than half throttle. I have often thought about adding a baffle to the intake of the carb so that it divides the carb in two. at just off idle the air would flow faster and improve throttle response. which in my mind would be more useful to most riders.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Gordon Brennan

For $33.95 it's worth trying, even if you find it didn't work out.
I have boxes of stuff like this. Some worked out and some didn't.
I always figure, as long as it didn't hurt the performance, it must be doing something. Problem is, I'm not good (fast) enough to notice the particular differences!