diamond don's weekend

Started by chicagojerry, April 24, 2012, 07:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

it was great to see everyone there. guy cooper put on quite a show, unfortunately, his brother chuck, who also is a great guy and quite a rider had some trans issues that spoiled hi rides. i built the 400 motor that guy was riding and he was wheeling out of corners everywhere.   pix to follow.   also, during the cc race, his fork cap came off letting the spring come out. he caught the spring and tossed it to someone, and continued riding. his pit crew gabbed another cap and stopped him a couple of laps later to put it back together. oh yeah, he won the cc too..:)   chi jer

wfopete

The only person that worked harder than Guy Cooper was Chicago Jerry. Thanks for all you do!

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

seanguthrie

My favorite picture from the weekend.
It was a drag race to the finish and he got pushed a little to the left.  You didn't want to go to the left!

I rode the CC and had a blast.  Thanks for the layout Jerry.  It got pretty lonely out there at times but the course kept me really engaged!

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

firstturn

Jerry,
  Great job on Guy Cooper's engine.  You need to give a little more detail on what he did in the Moto X Events and he was up against tough Competition like Trey Jorski, Trampus Parker and a lot of other top riders.  I was IMPRESSED with the Moto X Show from Guy and the other Top Pros.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

chicagojerry

http://s609.photobucket.com/albums/tt171/duc-man97/?action=view¤t=guycoopervid.mp4      
when on the photobucket page click on the guy cooper video
  click on the link above to view a 6 second video of guy on the vintage 400 penton.. pretty impressive and yes i'm pretty proud that i built that motor. the best part is that i've gained a few new friends with the cooper's. guy and his wife wanda and chuck and his wife stephanie.
 that penton stuck in the mud above is owned by diamond don. he sponsored brady blankenship, a young man from tx on it. i rebuilt that bike from the ground up and had to tune it in last week before the races once i got there. i had a very enjoyable weekend helping to hoist the penton banner.:D    chi jer

Dale Fisher

Dale Fisher
POG Memberships
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
73 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

Guy