Bing Carb Question

Started by fastwillie8568, April 26, 2012, 05:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastwillie8568

How can you tell if your needle and seat is bad. Excess gas pouring through the overflow No matter what needle or float I put in gas pours out of the ovverflow and no matter how high or low the float is set gas still pours out any ideas?  May be a new seat is the answer also the seat is different then my 74 Piner it is smooth bore and the 73 seat has 3 holes in the bore. Any help is useful.

tomale

Hi willie, you have too many variable. take the carb off, remove float valve and float, turn the carb up side down and put the float valve back in place. get a piece of clean fuel line. and attach it to the carb in the normal place. use your finger to hold the valve in place (careful not to use too much pressure all you are trying to do is keep it from blowing out), blow through the fuel line. if you can't any air to leak through the valve it is fine. If is does, it is time to change at least the valve and maybe seat.. Give Bing International a call. they can help. they will ask which model carb you have so have as much information as you can ready when you call.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

fastwillie8568

I did try to adjust the float level like you said, before i posted this post after a better look at the seat, with my glasses on  the seat leaks air and there is a few marks in it so i will call BING and get a new one thanks and thanks for the info

fastwillie8568

Seat was bad cleaned up seat with a drill bit spun the drill bit back wards and then forward by hand installed needle hit the needle with a screw driver a few time so it would seat. problem sloved no more fuel leaking out of the overflow.