V1675

Started by Bill Campbell, June 09, 2012, 12:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Campbell

Here is my new project to start next year.Not sure if there are any others in Australia and this is the closest I have been to one. Hopefully I get some help from some fellow enthusiasts with the restoration. I am extremely pleased with the purchase.
Bill

checkcrew

Bill, hi,

great score !!!

i have to agree with you, the Penton Steel Tankers have to be a very rare find in Au.

Parmabike from Ebay has the seat and fenders you will need for your resto, looks like your bike has most of the small parts in place !!

it will be a beautiful bike when restored :-))))

here is a pic of my V1646, only 29 builds before yours, they appear to have most of the same components,

good luck with your resto !!!

here is another shot with some of the Enduro goodies i have gathered,
also V1346 in the background of my display area :-))))

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

OUCWBOY

Mike,
Great looking bike! Why is the rear fender sticking up in the back so far? Is the rear fender loop bent up?

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

checkcrew

Donny,

i agree with you it seems to be bent up, i will have to jack it down level with the rest of the frame,

thank you for the compliment :-))))

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Bill Campbell

Thanks for the tip Mike. I checked out parmabike on ebay but there was no seat.Does anybody have a spare one out there that would look great on my Penton.I'm also not sure on what type of fender to get. Should I get aluminium or steel? hope my Penton will lokkas good as yours when finished Mike. Cheers Bill

checkcrew

Bill,

look in Parmabike's Ebay store, he usually has the seat and fenders { fenders are alum. } in his buy-it-now section,
if you still don't see them email him { his name is Roberto } and he will take care of you,
tell him you are a POG member and he will give you a discount !!!
he has the chain guard and handle bars as well,

good luck,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Dale Fisher

Bill, I also sent you a message through the POG mail system with some alternative contact information for Roberto.  See bookmark below for link to his Ebay store for a complete list of items.  Some items may drop off and take time to be re-listed and the out of stock items sometimes taking months for replenishment from his supplier.

http://stores.ebay.com/Vintage-Moto-Parts/Penton-KTM-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=13069378&_sid=58391566&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Owners Group - Administrator
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
73 Jackpiner 175
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Bill Campbell

Thanks Dale. I will check those addresses that you sent. Cheers Bill

Dale Fisher

Seats are back [8)]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Penton-Steel-Tank-SHORT-SEAT-KTM-Saddle-Cover-Pan-Six-Day-Berkshire-MC-ISDT-/271096965539?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1ea369a3&vxp=mtr

Dale Fisher
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator
70 Six-Days
71 Six-Days (Brother Dave's)
73 Jackpiner
74 Berkshire
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

gooddirt

I'am doing a early 69 ST as well; parma's seat is a far cry from the OEM look. I'am going to try and get some covers made that match OEM ( like Mike's ). Some short seats on the early ST's are somewhat flat on the top and had a smooth top on the cover ?[?]

rob w

I found v 54 this week, now I just need to find some other Sachs stuff to barter with.

Bill Campbell

Thanks Dale for keeping an eye out. I had emailed Roberto about ST seats of which he had none at the time. I am not sure what the seat for my bike should be but have my mind set on a long seat. If nothing shows up in the next year i guess I would have to try and construct my own from photos and POG help. Mr GD please keep me informed on your seat covers. I would be interested if they are the long version. Happy voting. Cheers Bill

Dale Fisher

Note the mounts on the bottom of the seat pan.  Your frame would have had the short seat.  Long seats started appearing in 1970 after the short ones were used up (as in my #2017).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970s-VINTAGE-PENTON-SIX-DAY-125-STEELTANKER-SHORT-SEAT-EX-RESTO-71-03-/261067731967?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc8d973ff&vxp=mtr

Dale Fisher
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator
70 Six-Days
71 Six-Days (Brother Dave's)
73 Jackpiner
74 Berkshire
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

checkcrew

Bill,

Dale is correct, your bike has to have the short seat like the one on my bike,
the one that Parmabike has F/S is not that bad, looks a little high in the foam, this could be cut down to the correct height "IMO"
take your time you have a good base bike to work with :-))

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

checkcrew

here is a photo of my V1346 Berkshire, i had a new seat cover and foam done local to me here in NJ, this cover was the smooth top as LG describes, my V1646 has it's origional pleated top cover still in place as shown,
LG i still have the origional cover from my V1346 that could be used for a pattern ??

Quotequote:Originally posted by gooddirt

I'am doing a early 69 ST as well; parma's seat is a far cry from the OEM look. I'am going to try and get some covers made that match OEM ( like Mike's ). Some short seats on the early ST's are somewhat flat on the top and had a smooth top on the cover ?[?]

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]