marking trails and I guess I finished it off.  I have extreme
arthritis in my shoulders, bone spurs and debris along with some
tissue damage.  I will have left shoulder replacement surgery
(shoulder hemiarthroplasty) on July 6th.  I should be only down a
week before getting out on road again to work. He says I should be
able to ride afterwards (6-8 weeks).  I should be good to go by the
next ISDT Vintage Qualifier.
Google  " shoulder hemiarthroplasty " to see more.   Kinda gross.  If
it goes well I might have the right shoulder done next year.
Your friend,
Dwight

Steve Minor

No chance of just having a couple of zerk grease fittings installed in your shoulder? Just a thought......

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

Tim Brown

Dwight,
Best of luck with the NEW shoulder. I am getting closer to having the same procedure done too. Full range of motion, without pain, now there's something to look forward to!
Tim

Gordon Brennan

This all sounds too good to be true. I've had rotator cuff surgery on both my shoulders. Both were complete tears. My left was done in January and it still scares me to ride very hard. I still don't have full range of motion without pain either. I do PT on my own every day too.
I hope all goes well for you Dwight, and look forward to your progress reports, letting us know how it all worked out.
Good luck.

fischercycle

HELLO ; MR. DWIGHT.(DAM) JEFF JOHN AND MYSELF WERE LOOKING TO SEE YOU AT THE RATTLE SNAKE ENDURO NEXT MONTH. WE WILL HAVE THE CAMPER ALL SET UP ON FRIDAY THE  27 of  JULY, AND READY TO GO ON SUNDAY; WELL MAYBE NEXT YEAR;IF EVERY THING GOES WELL, OUR NOs ARE IN THE 80s SO IF YOUR THERE STOP BY. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY, JAKE

fasmith

Dwight .. man..   get it done.  and then PT then you will be back going in no time.  I know the surgery will go well.

SouthRider

Dwight,

By the time this is over with you will truly be "bionic".

Hope everything goes well. God Bless Debbie for putting up with you the next couple months.

I'll check in on you in a couple weeks.

Clark

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

Dwight Rudder

Did anyone get the number off that truck ?

Well, I think I survived.  Doc found much more and larger debris than he expected. Surgery took over 2hrs.  Felt good enough to sit up today for a little bit to check in.
[B)]

Ernie Phillips

Great news!  Welcome back!

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

chicagojerry

good luck dwight. my shoulder surgery this past january caused me more pain than anything else that i have ever experienced. but i'm happy with the outcome. i was back to riding within three months.  follow the doctors orders and do the rehab.   i was dissappointed at first with my progression of rehab and then one week it just took off and recovered a huge amount right away.  see you back out there soon.  
 ps sleeping in a recliner? that really helped me. i didn't have one when i first had the surgery, after 2 nights of no sleep i went and bought one.    chi jer