Bad Rock DVD

Started by thrownchain, July 08, 2012, 11:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

I just aquired my copy of the new Bad Rock DVD from Paul Stannard. Lots of good stuff, lots of extras including an interview with Jack Penton among others.

Going to try to work with Paul to have some copies available at Mid Ohio if things work out. Will keep evryone posted as I find out.

[email protected]

Hello Dan,
I was out of town for a couple days so sorry for the delay. Peter Starr called me on my cell phone and has sent to me forty more Bad Rock DVD's.I need to speak to Al to be certain it is alright for you to sell them at the POG booth for Peter.
I will not be inside the Mid-Ohio event site but will be in Mansfield Thursday evening. I hope to be able to meet up with you and hand off the DVD's.Thanks for your offer to help him distribute the movies. He really did a great job by adding the new interviews such as the one with Jack and Malcolm also.The sound is now better as well as the video.
See you soon
Thanks
Paul

thrownchain

Update: I will have a limited quanity of the Bad Rock DVDs for sale at VMD. If you always liked the movie and were waiting for the updated version, here's your chance. I'll be in or around the Penton area all 3 days, see you there.

thrownchain

Bad Rock DVDs are located at Mike Winter's spot. Stop by and get your copy.

Paul Danik

Wanna see just how it was "back in the day"....

Wanna see interviews with Jack Penton, Malcolm Smith, Bryon Farnsworth, Chuck Swanson, Harry Taylor, Marvin Foster, Lars Larsson and Ed Chesnut as they tell their own personal Bad Rock Stories...

Wanna hear John McEuen from the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band tell about doing the music scores for the video...  if you are a music buff you gotta hear his comments...

How about the history of Hodaka as told by the men who actually made it happen...

Plus the original movie with better sound and video quality...

What a bargain, I loved the entire video and will be watching it again...

Thank you Paul Stannard, Peter Starr and all who made the Bad Rock DVD project come about.

For anyone who does not know what Bad Rock is, or was, it was a 2 day ISDT qualifier held in Weston, Oregon, the one in the film took place in 1973 and the event was about 450 miles.  1973 was a big year for these events as the ISDT was being held in the USA and everyone wanted to take a shot at making the team. One of the competitors actually had ear rings on, and that was back in 1973:), and it was a Penton rider to boot !

I hope that someone will put a link in this thread that will make ordering a copy easy for you guys..  

Thanks also to Hodaka and Pennzoil for paying for the original movie to be made.....

Paul

[email protected]

Thanks Paul I am glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.I had sold the old VCR tapes Peter had reproduced many years ago of the "Bad Rock". Although it was very cool the sound and some of the video was not the best.
For years now I have been prodding my friend Peter to remaster the video and sound and make it to a DVD. I think we all started to wear him down in Cleveland last year :-)

Peter inserted the original Hodaka and Penzoil commercials along with the new interviews like you mentioned. We had the World premier this year at Hodaka Days in the Longbranch saloon directly across the street from the 72',73' and 74 impound ( Tennis court).We had overflow seating and they were even out in the street.

Interviews like you mentioned with Jack,Malcolm, Brian Farnsworth, Lars Larrson" Day have snakes up there?" and many of the original Hodaka guys. I am selling these for Peter as his Motodvd website has a few glitches at this time.
I have fifty more DVD's coming I believe today.
For being Peter's first movie it is on the level with "On any Sunday" in my mind.
Thanks to Dan Killian (thrownchain) for offering them at Mid-Ohio for Peter.

I have them on my website for sale if anyone cares to order a copy or two  http://strictlyhodaka.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SH&Product_Code=badrock

Or you can go to the Strictly Hodaka homepage and order from the link there.
Thanks again Paul I am very pleased you liked it! Did you see the hammer? :D
Your pal
Paul

ALB

I purchased my copy of the DVD at Mid-Ohio and watched it last night. It was great. I appreciate the extra features with the interviews as Paul Danik talked about. I now know more about the history of Hodaka and why there is a vintage following (passion) for these bikes. The whole concept about marketing them was "FUN" and it has carried over up to today.
In looking back to my first bike, I bought it and learned how to ride it because it was FUN. I then got involved with racing motorcross because it was FUN even though I never won anything. I gave up racing after injuring my knee. It was no longer fun. The other riders (racers) were getting too serious. I then went trail riding with my buddies and we had a blast because we were out having FUN together.

Paul Standard - thank you for putting the heat on Peter Starr to put this DVD together and making these DVDs available to us to purchase.

Peter Starr - thank you for adding ALL of the extra features to your original film. You did it the right way. It is all FUN to watch.:)

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

[email protected]

Al as always thank you for the kind words.I think it is a great DVD also. As for the credit to get Peter to remake this onto a DVD it was a TEAM effort. If you remember correctly there was a few of us ( mostly Penton guys) in Cleveland that February a year or so ago that put the pressure on Peter. Thanks for your help that weekend!
I am very happy that you too enjoyed the Bad Rock DVD.
See you down the road a bit.
Paul