August POG meeting

Started by Paul Danik, July 31, 2012, 07:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

The August POG meeting will take place on Thursday August 2nd, the meeting will be held at KTM in Amherst, Ohio beginning at 7pm.

John Born is bringing his Dad's highly modified Honda 90 for us to see, I believe that he will also be bringing some photos that show Al Born with the Honda and a number of trophies that he won racing it.  Some of the meeting attendees will surely remember Al racing the Honda and we hope to hear some interesting stories.

Hope to see you at the meeting.
Paul

Paul Danik

A BIG POG thanks to John Born for bringing his dad's Honda Super 90 race machine to last nights meeting, it sure drew a lot of attention, as did the scrapbook full of pictures and write ups about Al.

We would also like to thank Jerry Berky for giving us an update on the expanded line of services that Penton Racing Products & Services is providing along with their ignitions and ignition services.
Their website is scheduled to go thru some updates shortly that will tell of their expanded services, but it still has the proper contact info. Maybe Jerry will see this and tell of some of the new services that they provide.
http://www.pentonracingproducts.com/

In a visit to their facility before the meeting Jerry showed Conrad and I some very interesting items that were used "back in the day" by Ted Penton and the folks in the Penton R & D department and machine shop.  Included were a metal die that was used to stamp the HiPoint name and logo into metal products that they produced, as well as the die that was used to create the Sachs case protectors....possibly some night we can get Jerry to do a little "show and tell" at a POG meeting with some of these items.  

Jack provided some insight as to how his uncle Ted would often have him and some of the other young Penton family members do machine work when he could corral them into the shop.

We had a great turn out for the meeting...thanks to everyone who attended.

We are hoping to show the newly released Bad Rock DVD at the September 6th. meeting....mark your calendars and bring some popcorn:)

Paul

penrac

Yes, the meeting was great Paul! I have been to several now since I relocated to Amherst 5 yrs ago and it is good to meet with such an elite group of individuals as passionate about motorcycles as I am.
  Like I mentioned at this meeting, our priority/main focus is providing ignition products and technical support for our PVL & PowerDynamo ignition systems. Dane Leimbach and Barb Penton have worked very hard to get Penton Racing Products where it is today.I am committed to carrying on the Penton/Leimbach tradition & providing the best possible service for these quality ignition products.
  In our spare time our other services offered are cylinder boring, tig welding (aluminuim & steel, suspension & engine service for modern and vintage bikes.
  I look forward to attending many more POG meetings and getting to know every one.
  Jerry Birky