WTB NOS Sachs 125/6A Tapered Rod Pin

Started by KJDonovan, August 06, 2012, 08:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJDonovan

Looking for an NOS tapered rod pin for a Sachs 125/6A crank.  Al Buehner has the rods, but no pins.  I have a project that's been on the back burner way too long while I looked for one of these.  Anyone have one collecting dust?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
71 Suzuki TS125 (Project)
87 KTM 250
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

gooddirt

How can we run, buy or use the other new Sachs motor parts with motors that need crank pins . The bikes will sit as well as other unsold motor parts. Someone Make A PIN ![:0]

KJDonovan

I've been hoping for just that! This bike has been down for nearly a year for lack of this one item:(.  As a result we are headed north this week to pick up another bike for her until I get this one back together.  Unfortunately, the "new bike" isn't a Penton.  So for the foreseeable future she will be tooling around on a 74 Montesa Cota 123.

I would also add, that if someone has a couple of these in their parts stash collecting dust and would part with just one, that I too have a parts stash with some interesting things I would be happy to trade if you don't want cash.  

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
71 Suzuki TS125 (Project)
87 KTM 250
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

checkcrew

Kevin,

just a thought,
if you have an old one as a sample, take some measurements and contact someone like Falacon or HotRods to see if they can help ??

maybe one of the modern bikes uses something close ??

good luck,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Marc Biro

I have access to them but would need to make up 100 pcs. I would have to get a commitment of 50 pcs from the Poggers.

Marc

pklinck

Marc,

I am in for 6 rod pins for B engine sachs motors, 100 and 125cc.
Address: peter klinck. [email protected] after the 18th email me.  

Would Al B. also consider buying some pins if you can't get comitments for 100 pieces.????  Check with him as he would be the first to know. let us know.

peter klinck
peter klinck

Marc Biro

If we are talking pins for 6B motors also, I would need a commitment of 50 pcs for this pin also.

Marc

Guenther68

Hi all,

for all 6 speed Sachs-crankshafts we can recommend the Mazzucchelli-conrod sets from Italy with silver case bearing. Excellent quality and very low price. We've them in our internal shop for our club members.

If you want we can combine an order for you.

Best regards
Guenther Vogt,
Hercules Club, Germany

Hercules-Interessengemeinschaft e.V.
URL: http://www.herculesig.de

Best regards
Guenther Vogt,
Hercules Club, Germany

gooddirt

On the web site for the rods, they list a pin #AAC 0468 ; its a non tapered pin at a 20mm across[?][?][?]

rd400pi

Poggers,
  I have 2 rod kits from Marc Biro the last time he had them made up.  If anybody needs them, let me know.  Cheers.

Mike H.
  Tulsa
  seapupsan at aol.com

checkcrew

Mike,

sent you an email thru the POG system

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Guenther68

They are manufactured like the original FAG conrod set in excellent quality. All pins for Sachs 50 - 175 are tapered.

I use them, as many of our clubmembers too, in my engines since more than 10 years. No problems and they're willing to go for 8.000 rpms with full throttle on the street for several hours.

Quotequote:Originally posted by gooddirt

On the web site for the rods, they list a pin #AAC 0468 ; its a non tapered pin at a 20mm across[?][?][?]

Best regards
Guenther Vogt,
Hercules Club, Germany

Best regards
Guenther Vogt,
Hercules Club, Germany