Wassell/Mudlark Parts wanted

Started by firstturn, September 14, 2012, 10:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

I am back to building another Mudlark.  I am looking for a good set of fork tubes and chain guard.  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Well so far I have found another Mudlark and am still looking for a Chain Guard and good set of tubes or a complete front end.  Thanks for the response so far as I have found other parts that I can use.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Thanks for the emails.  I have found a NOS chain guard and am still looking for a NOS frontend.  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Thanks to Dale FIsher for the help locating not only new Metal Profile (Mudlark Wassell) front forks, but he found an entire front end.  Thanks Dale for the help and you know I will help you anytime.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

hotrod392

If someone has a single side or a pair of good front fork tubes for a Wassell, I could use also use some.

I am also needing a decent pair of handlebars, levers, throttle, etc.

Thanks
Shane
[email protected]

Gordon Brennan

Not to steal the thread; just add to it.
I cleaned the hubs and brake shoes today on my Penton/Wassell/Mudlark. I noticed after cleaning the shoes, the cam end of the shoe, or the flat spot that goes against the spreader, was missing the steel clip/cover, or so I thought. It fits so well it is hard to see. Instead, the steel clip/covers is actually worn right through, so the shoe now pivots against the aluminum body of the shoe.
If anyone has spare shoes for these particular conical hubs, I would like to purchase them. I don't think the clip is replaceable, but maybe it is. I wonder if I could epoxy a steel plate there?
Also, do you folks have any favorite sources for getting these shoes re-lined?
Thanks

Dale Fisher

Gordon, Check to see if the shoe aluminum body has a number cast into them.  They should also most likely take the same as REH and Rickman hubs.  I picked up a set at Ric Smits swap meet last fall and have the number available.  Most likely you can get them from Matt at Speed and Sport.

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Gordon Brennan

Thanks Dale, I'll take a look for a number. One thing I know for sure; they are not the same hub as a Rickman. Not sure about REH. Rickman has a different diameter drum, but the hub itself looks identical.

Dale Fisher

The Smit's score.  Trick side cover and Rickman shoes for $22. :) and $85. for gas for the trip [V]

Dale Fisher

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

gooddirt

I have a end clip for the shoe.

Lew Mayer

Lew Mayer

Dale Fisher

The Rickman shoes have a casting number J1059.  Overall width is 5-1/16" and the height sitting on the flats is 2-5/8".  I would judge the inside of the hub to be about 5-1/2" without taking one off to measure it.  My assumption was the Wassell, REH, and Rickman were all basically similar.

Dale Fisher

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,