Pendas!

Started by sixdazed, September 28, 2012, 06:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdazed

There's 3  four stroke Pendas on Mark's vintage swapmeet-not for sale (as far as i know)but pics are nice to look at.Gave me some ideas for mine if i can ever manage to get around to it.
                                                         Ric
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

slvrbrdfxr

Ric,
There was somebody riding one at the 2 day qualifier in New Blaine, AR last weekend. Not sure who the rider was but the bike looked pretty nice. Maybe someone else that was at the event can tell us who the rider was.
Dave McC

checkcrew

Dave, hi,

over on Marks page there are a few current posts on the Penda's in the message boards,

the one you are describing sounds like the one a guy from Ar. recently bought off of Mike Parker, he seems to really like it !!

Ric, you need to get your's built and go kick some butt :-))

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

sixdazed

Hi Dave,I think that bike is on Mark's Swapmeet for sale...Mikey,I know-i need less work days(at the shop)and more ride/work at home days.These 60 plus hour weeks of doing 2 jobs with only sunday off are making me old fast.As soon as i get the 2 modern 450 motors built(in exhange for heat/ac in my shop/garage),then the ex Benolkin and the ex Monz 6 days back together,i have the frame i got from Framecrafters to put an xl engine in and also a 75 6 days i want to build.The Penda smack talk on Mark's is getting pretty loud.Sounds like Mike P. is ready to settle the issue and will put up the $$$ to back it up.Should be interesting.Talk soon,
                                           Ric
p.s.-i was just thinking how nice it would be if all we had to do in life was ride and work on our own bikes?
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Bill Ryburn

The Penda rider at the Two Day Qualifer in New Blaine, AR was Chris Jetton.  He had just recently purchased the bike from Mike Parker. The bike ran well.

Bill Ryburn

Dwight Rudder

Years ago I had a friend that built a Penda 175.  He did well on that bike.

checkcrew

it's been quite sometime but here are a few photos of the Pentaha i shot this evening,

hope you all enjoy :-)))

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

tooclose racing

Oh that is a beauty!  And what a great motor the 175MX was/is.  Should have done a hi-pipe so you can do some Vint XC.  That motor is a natural.

Thanks for the pic.

checkcrew

Bob, hi,
thanks for the compliment,
the motor in the bike is the AT1-MX 125 piston port, non reed valve, that makes it Vintage legal,

thanks again, :-))

Quotequote:Originally posted by tooclose racing

Oh that is a beauty!  And what a great motor the 175MX was/is.  Should have done a hi-pipe so you can do some Vint XC.  That motor is a natural.

Thanks for the pic.

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

seanguthrie

It looks so tiny in there.  Amazing how big the head is on those KTM and Sach engines!

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213