Barber Festival this weekend 12-14

Started by ALB, October 08, 2012, 04:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALB

I will be heading down to the Barber Festival on Thursday morning with Scott Brogan and Jeff Borer. We will be setting up a POG Penton display in the swap meet area to sell the latest Dane Leimbach T-shirts and John Penton books. Look for the green POG e-z up in the swap meet area.

Since I will be going to Barber, I will not be in my office from Thursday thru Monday. During this time, so no orders will be processed or shipped. I will be back on Tuesday morning to answer your calls.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Dwight Rudder

See you there on Friday. I will be racing my Jackpiner on Saturday Morning. Leaving Saturday afternoon to go to a SERA Hare Scrambles on Sunday. Racing my Husky there. Save me a Lg or XL Dane shirt.

seanguthrie

Great, I'll be sure to stop by and see you and buy a shirt!

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

tooclose racing

I am NOT going to Barber Festival this year, but I am getting closer and closer to it becoming a reality.  This year's excuse is a 36 x 36 3 car garage build that began next to my (new) house last week.

But I think I'm getting close to the end of my Excuse-ville.  I've figured out transport, etc.  Just need a good, open, "event-free" window and I will be there, drooling on my shirt in that beautiful museum, drinking beer with some of you Poggers and throwing dirt in the Vint and Post Vint XC races.

Have fun everyone.  Good luck at both of your events, Mr. Rudder.  How about that Team Phast Phillips?  Are they ALL in?  :D

brian kirby

I'm not going, I have to work Saturday and I wont waste the 2hrs to drive over there just for the lame MX track Sunday if I cant race CC on Saturday. I had thought about going Sunday and for the first time actually go through the swap meet, but I changed my mind. Ernie and Chris have a National Enduro somewhere, I think its Indiana.

Brian
Brian

Ernie Phillips

The Kid and I will miss Barber for the first time since 2007 - heading up to round #9 National Enduro.  Barber is a fantastic facility.  Too bad AHRMA off-road event isn't up to George's usual standard of excellence - it could be soo... good.  But instead - the flat patch ....

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Dwight Rudder

Barbers was great and had a record amount of people there.  Sadly the Barber folks let the general public camp in the Offroad padock. Dave Lambreth said that he was planning on speaking to Barbers about that. I got there first thing Friday Morning (7am) and amost didnt' find a parking spot in the offroad padock. I found tent campers with street bikes in the spots that I normally camp and pit.

Ernie Phillips

The Kid and I will miss Barber for the first time since 2007 - heading up to round #9 National Enduro.  Barber is a fantastic facility.  Too bad AHRMA off-road event isn't up to George's usual standard of excellence - it could be soo... good.  But instead - the flat patch ....

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Dwight Rudder

Barbers was great and had a record amount of people there.  Sadly the Barber folks let the general public camp in the Offroad padock. Dave Lambreth said that he was planning on speaking to Barbers about that. I got there first thing Friday Morning (7am) and amost didnt' find a parking spot in the offroad padock. I found tent campers with street bikes in the spots that I normally camp and pit.

brian kirby

Next year they will probably eliminate the off road to make more camping space for the people they really want, which is the street stuff.

Brian
Brian

seanguthrie

My trip fell through and I didn't make it.  Sounds like I would have had a hard time finding camping in the MX area anyways.  That's a real bummer!

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

tooclose racing

Hey Dwight - what were you riding this weekend and how did it go for you, youngster? [:p]  Did any Pentons do us proud in the XC races?

thanks....

Dale Fisher

Will have some pictures up soon of the woodsmen as soon as the brain travel fog clears.  We were well represented again this year :D

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Owners Group - Administrator
70 Six-Days
71 Six-Days (Brother Dave's)
73 Jackpiner
74 Berkshire
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

tofriedel

This was my first visit to Barber, what a facility.  Fortunately, we took a couple of scooters, Barbers is LARGE.  Over the 4 days I was there, I put 25 miles on the scooter and never left the facility.    

As for the camping/parking in the Motocross area, there was still tent camping spaces available on both Sat. and Sun. mornings.  There was even some spaces for campers, it was crowded, but you could find a space if you searched a bit.

The museum was outstanding, I saw a Velocette Thruxton model that I once owned and then sold back in the 70's.  What was I thinking???  Today, I cannot afford to even think about owning one again.

Tony
Tony