Strange little Sachs 50S engine...???

Started by TeamSunset, November 03, 2012, 02:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeamSunset

Does anyone recognize this trick little Sachs 50S race engine or have any history on it? I just recently picked it up along with a back up engine and parts. Found at an estate sale outside Rockford, IL. Has an 18mm Bing carburetor with adjustable float, a very well disguised reed valve intake, vented crankcase, drilled head, case protector, reworked folding Shift Lever with weed chain, etc... It came with spare aluminum & steel connecting rods, pins, bearing, spare parts for the special Bing carb, hand drawn blue prints of custom machined Gear Selector parts, specialized german service tools (not in Sachs books ). Have not been inside the motor, but I bet it's far from stock. Anyone have any ideas where this came from? Thanks, Tom G

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Kip Kern

Tom

When I bought the Flint Indian Penton/Sachs inventory, there were several of those and 80cc engines in it along with a ton of spares.  I shipped all of it to RomeItaly as they still use the small bore stuff.  50cc and 80cc engines are a big deal over in Europe as they were used in the Sachs GS bikes for the 6 Days.

DaniNorway

TeamSunset
 Do you by any chance still have this engine?
Regards
Daniel.

Larry Perkins

Daniel,

Are you looking for one of these 50S engines.  I have a spare I would sell.

Larry P

leoheyman

larry

if you still have a 50cc or 80cc engine i would be interested.

leoheyman
leoheyman

Larry Perkins

I have a complete 50s I would sell.  Has carb, ignition, kicker, shifter, nice ignition cover.  Needs a piston is all. Email [email protected]

Larry P

Timothy Walls

I bought a 50cc engine like that brand new in the early 70's at a snowmobile engine place in Auburn Hills Mi. that was going out of business . I don't think I paid more than $50. for it and I pland on making something out of it but never did. Sold it somewhere ?

Timothy Walls
Timothy Walls