Need 35mm Fork Tubes

Started by Keith Meatyard, November 10, 2012, 03:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Meatyard

I'm still looking for a good pair of pit free 35 mm Ceriani tubes for a 74 JP.  The rest of the parts look OK, just need the bare tubes.  If someone has something I could use, just drop me an email.
[email protected]

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

Mike Leon

Keith,

I recently completed a Jackpiner project (pictures on page 12 of the What did you do to your Penton today? message.

I had to replace the fork tubes and couldn't find any good ones.  I had a pair made at Forking by Frank. The tubes came out great.

Frank's Maintenance and Engineering
945 Pitner Ave.
Evanston, IL 60202
847-475-1003

Good luck,
Mike

Keith Meatyard

Did you buy just the tubes and use all of the original internals?  Do they need to have a tube for a pattern?

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

gooddirt

The tubes are rated for street use so don't do any jumps.

Mike Leon

Keith,

Used original internals.  They will need a tube to pattern.

Good luck!

Mike

Rain Man

I bought a 32mm set off Franks for a 73 Piner and they are ready to put on.  They had all the exact specs for them too !

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

fastwillie8568

There was a new set on ebay for $200.00. on 12-6-12

Keith Meatyard

Quotequote:Originally posted by fastwillie8568

There was a new set on ebay for $200.00. on 12-6-12
Yes, those are being sold by Jake, but they are Hercules/Penton.  His measure 22.75" bare tube length, and the ones off my bike are 22.5".  His have a number 92115402 on them.  Does anyone know if they are the same?  Would they work?

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

gooddirt

7inch travel tubes are 22.5 in. and and my 200mm travel forks tubes are 23.25 in.

Kip Kern

I have had several sets of tubes made by Franks and they do outstanding work to say the least.  Perfect fit for stock parts and perfect performance!  Reasonable prices too!  Happy Holidays:D