Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic

Started by BlueRidgePathfinder, November 12, 2012, 05:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRidgePathfinder

Howdy folks,

Below you will find the event flier for the 5th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic.

Any help you can provide in helping us promote this event by distributing this flier would be greatly appreciated.

Happy trails,

Al

C. Al Roof, Founder & President Emeritus
The Blue Ridge Pathfinders Motorcycle Club (Est. 1991)

fastwillie8568

Great track, great food, and great people down there Looking foward to going there.

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by fastwillie8568

Great track, great food, and great people down there Looking foward to going there.

THANKS!

We look forward to having you come play with us again this year.

All the best,

Al

BlueRidgePathfinder

Howdy folks,

We have been getting calls asking about the closest lodging and restaurants to the staging area for our Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic.

Exit 65 on I-77, near Richburg, South Carolina, offers the closest and best variety of lodging.

Fortunately there is a neat brochure about the area which can be found at:

http://www.greaterrichburgsc.com/Exit65Brochure.pdf

We look forward to seeing you all here in March.

Happy trails,

Al Roof

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by BlueRidgePathfinder

Howdy folks,

Below you will find the event flier for the 5th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic.

Any help you can provide in helping us promote this event by distributing this flier would be greatly appreciated.

Happy trails,

Al

Wesley Miller

I would like to invite all of my friends from Ohio to come check out this race. The course is just what you guys are good at, fast in area with tight woods in other areas and a great flow. You will never go to another race with a friendlier land owner. I have been bragging to him about how fast you guys are. Please come if possible and show the regular ahrma guys what fast in the woods realy looks like.  Wesley Miller

Wesley Miller

I would like to invite all of my friends from Ohio to come check out this race. The course is just what you guys are good at, fast in area with tight woods in other areas and a great flow. You will never go to another race with a friendlier land owner. I have been bragging to him about how fast you guys are. Please come if possible and show the regular ahrma guys what fast in the woods realy looks like.  Wesley Miller

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Wesley Miller

Thanks Wesley.

Your check is in the mail. :)

Al

BlueRidgePathfinder

Since the AHRMA Off-Road Awards Banquet which was to be held in Gainesville, Florida was cancelled along with the races at Gatorback, AHRMA Executive Director David Lamberth is planning on handing out the 2012 Cross Country National Championship awards for those riders who are at our event during our Steak Dinner on Saturday evening.

Y'all come!

Al

Dwight Rudder

But Al, Not everyone eats Steak.  I haven't since 1977.  Yard Birds and fish but no red meat. Just as soon have a large vegetable plate or chicken gumbo.

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dwight Rudder

But Al, Not everyone eats Steak.  I haven't since 1977.  Yard Birds and fish but no red meat. Just as soon have a large vegetable plate or chicken gumbo.

Dwight,

Let me see if we can accommodate, and I'll let you know.

Al

BlueRidgePathfinder

Howdy folks,

There has been quite a bit of discussion on the AHRMA Cross Country Yahoo! Group about the AHRMA's new helmet requirements.  

Although it is clearly stated on page 9 of the 2013 AHRMA Handbook, this seems to have caught a lot of people off guard.

With my vested interest in the success of our upcoming AHRMA National Cross Country Race weekend, The Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic, I wanted to make certain all of you fine folks on the Penton Owners Group forum were aware of these requirements.

Best regards,

Al Roof

From page 9 of the 2013 AHRMA Handbook

Helmets must be used in all AHRMA competition.  Helmets worn in roadracing and dirt track must be full-face type and certified by the manufacturer by having a sticker affixed to the helmet stating the helmet meets or exceeds the Snell M2010, FIM BSI 6658 type A ("Blue Label"), FIM ECR22.05 or FIM JIST 8133:2000 standard.  Helmets meeting this standard must have been manufactured within the past 60 months.

Helmets used for all other forms of competition must meet U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) standards, Snell M2005 or higher, or current FIM standard.  Half-helmets are permitted only in trials. All helmets will be scrutinized at tech inspection for compliance. Riders are prohibited from using damaged helmets. Only OEM chin strap fasteners may be used (no aftermarket quick-release fasteners).  Tech inspection by AHRMA does not warrant the condition of a participant's helmet. It is the responsibility of participants to ensure that their helmet is in good and safe condition.  Participants are encouraged to have their helmets examined by    the appropriate experts if they have questions regarding their condition. (See 3.4.3)

BlueRidgePathfinder

I read this as if the helmet must EITHER meet U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) standards OR Snell M2005 OR higher, OR current FIM standard.

Not DOT standards AND Snell M2005 OR higher, or current FIM standard.

However, on the AHRMA Cross Country Yahoo! Group thread AHRMA Executive Director David Lamberth seems to be interpreting this as requiring the latter.

Dave even wrote "The helmet rule has forced me to have to move away from my beloved Arai's that I have worn for years. I bought a JT helmet - not sure I am going to like it as much as the Arai."

As you and I both know, Aria helmets easily meet DOT standards.

I am going to ask him to take a second look at this.

Al

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dwight Rudder

Dwight,

How about bring your own chicken (BYOC) and you can cook it on the Church's grill while it's hot.

Then you can donate whatever you think it's worth to the Church for the tater, garden salad, desserts and tea.

See you soon,

Al

BlueRidgePathfinder

Al:

The way I read the requirement is that it must meet ONE of the standards published in the rulebook.

Dave

David W. Lamberth

AHRMA
309 Buffalo Run
Goodlettsville, Tn.  37072

AHRMA phone # 615-420-6435
AHRMA fax # 615-420-6438