1st Round AMA Championships - Athens Ohio?

Started by Dale Fisher, November 15, 2012, 02:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

To: [email protected]
Subject: Action Sports to host opening round of the 2013 AMA Vintage National Championships
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 12:16:38 -0500

By now many of you have received this message via email.  Interestingly this event is scheduled the same weekend as Smith Road 6/22/12 and 6/23/12.  

Action Sports is pleased to announce that we will be hosting the opening round of the 2013 AMA Vintage National Motocross and Hare Scramble Championships.  The AMA has asked us to host the first round of the inaugural AMA Vintage Championship Series.  We are excited to host vintage, post vintage and modern motorcycle and minicycle racers to compete at the Action Sports Moto Park.  Keep checking the Action Sports website, //www.ActionSportsRacing.com  for dates, times and classes.  Make sure to Like us, at Facebook.com/ActionSportsRacing and Follow us on Twitter @ActionSportsMX.

See you at the races!

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

1970 Six-Day 125
1971 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's)
1973 Jackpiner 175
1974 Berkshire 100
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

chicagojerry

hey dale. 2012 is THIS year. i don't think that they have a date assigened for next year yet. at least as far as i can find. we'll just have to see how this plays out. i do not think that it would be in the best interest of either party to schedule on top of one another.     chi jer

Dale Fisher

Thanks for the correction Jer.  I saw that the Action information was still from 2012 after the first post.  Agree that it will probably be scheduled on another weekend with standard AMA version of class structure.  Interested to see if VMD will now be the finale, a separate championship, or part of a series.

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

1970 Six-Day 125
1971 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's)
1973 Jackpiner 175
1974 Berkshire 100
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry