John Penton Film Project Relaunched!

Started by mxfiles, November 16, 2012, 10:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mxfiles

Guys,

Just sent Alan over there at the Enduro site a note to fix the link.

Thanks for noticing!

Todd

Paul Danik

The pledges have now passed the $ 90,000 mark :)

238 Backers, $90,511 pledged of $150,000 goal, 17 days to go.

Keep spreading the word....

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/toddhuffman/the-john-penton-story-narrated-by-lyle-lovett-rela

Paul

mxfiles

I think we may crest $93,000 soon! Let's reach and exceed $100K by tomorrow night (Sat-12/29!)

Dwight Rudder

rd400pi

C'mon guys,
  How can there be a POG member that has yet to step-up?  If you can pledge as little as $1, there really shouldn't be any excuses.  Ok, I said it, speech over, class dismissed.:D

Mike H.
  Tulsa

wade195

Well I just got to make my pledge.

It was much easier than I had expected..

God Bless you all.

Doug Wade

Keith Meatyard

I'm still new to the vintage club, hoping to go to some events in the future, and I'm yet to meet John Penton in person.  I was able to send number plates to him for autographs on the first 2 bikes I restored.  He will always have my thanks for the revolution.

I just sent in my pledge for the film, can't wait to see it!

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

checkcrew

i am back in with my re-pledge :-))

let's get-er done !!!

Happy Holidays to all,

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

rob w

Where will the film's premiere be held, and apx how many tickets will become available ?  :D

mxfiles

Good morning!

I thought I would include some statistics from the Kickstarter site. The first is a graph to show the sales curve as we get close to the deadline. We had a good week and it's going in the right direction...needs to keep going...

The second is a report that Kickstarter shows WHERE the pledges are coming from, how many and what percentage they make up of the total so far.

It would be awesome to see the referrals from pentonusa.org increase. Don't know if it could but one would think with 400+ pog members it could be at the top of that report.

Remember, as little as $1 can be pledged and your name is on the list but NO AMOUNTS ARE SHOWN.

Thanks to all that have supported and spreading the word! I'm already thinking about my trip to visit the POG group at the IMS show in Cleveland to begin our research for the film.

Have a nice weekend all!

Todd

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/toddhuffman/the-john-penton-story-narrated-by-lyle-lovett-rela

(Pledge Curve as of 12/29/12)

(Pledge Sources as of 12/29/12)

BlueRidgePathfinder

I just became a backer.  I hope you all will join me.

skiracer

I'm in!!!

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Hercules 250 GS
1976 Hercules 175 GS
1982 Suzuki PE 175
2002 KTM 200 EXC
1976 Penton 175 GS
1981 KTM 250 (project)
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

mxfiles

Okay, we set a goal and exceeded it with our $100K by 12/29 with $104,756. And now a new goal...$125K by end of New Year's Day, 11:59pst.

Possible? We have to try! We'll be working the phone, internet, etc. to make sure the effort is there but could use your Poggers help.

Pledge if you haven't (and can) and get others on-board. As little as $1 to get your name on the list!

I heard from Alpinestars last night and am optimistic we'll see something substantial from them to join KTM USA!

Thanks for everyone's support!

Todd

thrownchain

Only 26 pledges thru the POG??? 400 plus members should do better than that.

Dale Fisher

Todd,
I've been working the Facebook KTM Racing page with the project, the updates, and numerous photos.  That fan page alone represents over 906,000 likes [:p]  I also received a check from a California POG member in the amount of $100.00 made out to the Kickstart Project.  Not entirely sure on how to apply it but I'll think of something :)  

Thrown,
There are a number of members who may be reluctant to establish the required Amazon account and many do not even have email.

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

1970 Six-Day 125
1971 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's)
1973 Jackpiner 175
1974 Berkshire 100
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry