John Penton Film Project Relaunched!

Started by mxfiles, November 16, 2012, 10:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mxfiles

Thanks Dale!

Yeah, I have some people that couldn't do the Amazon thing and just want to give us a check...Problem is, you have to have a separate email account for each pledge account if the person's name is to be listed.

The same Amazon account can pay for more than one pledge but to get the names listed you need a bunch of separate emails...

What could be done is, if the people don't care about being listed and just want to help, the POG could take the $100 and then INCREASE the POG pledge. You guys can keep track of those types and we will honor the rewards for those people.

I would think that most Poggers will want to purchase a DVD or download in the future anyway, and with $25 and $50 rewards, you are basically just PRE-PAYING for something you will purchase in the future.

Make sense?

Thanks for posting on the KTM page I may post something there and pay to "promote" it so all 906,000 people see it.

Dwight Rudder

My wife had a Amazon acct so I did mine there but I would have rather paid by PayPal. So would a lot of others.

Dwight

mxfiles

Thanks Dwight! Yeah, we wished KS would do PayPal too but it doesn't take too long to set up an account.

We just crested $110,000 thanks to folks like you making the effort!

Happy New Year!

mxfiles

More Poggers jumping on the bandwagon! Up to 32 from 26.

Over $111,000! 74% Funded!

Thanks guys!

mxfiles

Happy New Year Everyone!

One last feel good thing for this holiday season..get past the goal on the 1/14.

I just looked and saw that we have 297 backers....Who wants to get it over 300 this morning?

We are still shooting to hit $125,000 by midnight tonight...stay tuned and spread the word!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/toddhuffman/the-john-penton-story-narrated-by-lyle-lovett-rela

I'm going for a motorcycle ride today but will keep pushing for us all.

Thanks!

Todd

Paul Danik

312 backers, $118,151 pledged of the $150,000 goal with 12 days to go...

If my math is correct, pledges totaling $31,849.00 over the next 12 days are needed to reach the $ 150,000 goal. The final check is in sight, but we need to keep plugging away, just like in a nasty, muddy, greasy, slimy, rutted, cold, wet, winter hare scrambles :)

There is no 2nd. place in this drive / event, we either win or we lose. Please keep spreading the word to any of the individuals or groups that might help to make the John Penton documentary film a reality.

Signing up to make a pledge is very easy, I did it myself without the help of any of my grandkids, so it must be simple. A pledge is just that, a pledge, no monies exchange hands unless the goal is reached.

Link to the kickstarter pledge homepage

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/toddhuffman/the-john-penton-story-narrated-by-lyle-lovett-rela

In this short piece, Jack Penton talks about how his siblings and others in the Ohio area became national and international caliber riders by first, learning to keep up with his dad John, and then with each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJF6-tnyp_8

It is great to slowly go through the list of names of the folks who have pledged their support, they are listed at random, but the last time I looked Dwight Rudder was 2 places ahead of Bob Hannah :D.

Thanks,
Paul

mxfiles

Good job Paul!

Thanks to everyone who has pledged and spread the word. We got our first interested KTM dealer about hosting a screening in their market!

WE NEED MORE OF THESE!

Also, today Ricky "Bad Boy" Johnson joined his old nemesis Bob "Hurricane" Hannah and "Bad Brad" Lackey with a pledge.

Where are the off-road, woods champions? How to we reach them? Can't let the just the "moto guys" get the glory!  (I know Malcolm Smith is coming in though)

Gotta go and keep pounding the keyboard turning over rocks...

Todd

mxfiles

CLIMB BABY! CLIMB!

(as of 10:15am PST 1/4/13)

Come on Poggers! Get your name on the list of backers! As little as $1 to say you were part of it!

Besides, won't you want a DVD eventually anyway?

(34 backers from this site as of today)

Thanks for the support so far everyone!

454MRW

I was finally able to donate. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
1975 Can Am 175 TNT & 77 250 Black Widow
1979 Husqvarna OR390
1976-78 RM & 77-79 PE Suzuki's
1974 CR250M 07 CR125R 79 CR250R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Dale Fisher

My unofficial audit has matched approximately 72 current Penton Owners Group members to the pledge list.  Thank you all and keep 'em coming!

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

1970 Six-Day 125
1971 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's)
1973 Jackpiner 175
1974 Berkshire 100
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

mxfiles

Nice job Dale! I knew there was "more of'em" out there!

Pushing towards $130K this afternoon!

mxfiles

Within site of $10,000 to go!

Hi all! We are getting sooooo close!

backers
$139,573
pledged of $150,000 goal
5 days to go

I've already started re-reading Ed's book, talking with Paul D. on when to head to Amherst for research interviews, etc. Heck, even reached out to the Russian Motorcycle Federation on how to get ahold of Gennady Moiseev on a possible interview about winning the World Championships on a KTM.

We had a good weekend at the Anaheim Supercross meeting with Alpinestars who will make a nice pledge and KTM who has already pledged the max but wants to start thinking about ways to use the film when it's done.

If some of you are thinking "What happens if we reach the goal and there is more time left?"

Well, we keep seeking pledges because if you all remember, this is ONLY FOR PRODUCTION. or "getting it in the can" as they say in Hollywood. We still will have to post-produce the project with editing, music, graphics, etc. Usually post is about equal to production. I know we'll have some sponsors come in for 2014 but every little bit helps!

Keep pledging Poggers and spreading the word!

As little as $1 gets your name on the list!

Thx!

Todd

skiracer

I re-pledged today.... just trying to do my part!!!  C'mon guys!!!!  Sacrifice the fee for one race, and put it to this great cause.... Jl
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Big Mac

Too cold to go race this Saturday, donated the entry fee and will watch Supercross on Speed in my warm house. $5K to go now! Help out--This will happen!
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Dale Fisher

:D:D:D:D:D $153,000 and climbing Yes!  Wait till Todd wakes up :D:D:D:D:D

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

1970 Six-Day 125
1971 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's)
1973 Jackpiner 175
1974 Berkshire 100
And some silly other bikes...