WTB 125cc Penton

Started by LeftyJackson, January 17, 2013, 11:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeftyJackson

I have recently joined The POG Forum for the purpose of acquiring, racing, maintaining, and generally enjoying the experience of owning a vintage dirt bike.  Currently, I am scouring the market to find a complete or mostly complete, running or not running, 125cc Penton or 125cc Bultaco for my personal use.  I would appreciate your advice and your referrals. 

Jack Lunsford
Jacksonville FL
Jack Lunsford (#2089)
Jacksonville FL
[email protected]

Ron

Also replied in Penton Talk section:

Jack,
I have a 72/73 125 Six Day out in Calif, I'm thinking of selling.
Send me a email at [email protected] if your interested.
I'd be glad to provide info and pic's.
Thanks, Ron

LeftyJackson

Ron,

Thank you.  I have sent you an email.
Jack Lunsford (#2089)
Jacksonville FL
[email protected]

checkcrew

Lefty,

email me at my addy below,
i have one F/S,
also have family in JAX,

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Paul Danik

Lefty,

I live near Pittsburgh, Pa and will be heading towards Daytona the early part of Feb., with a stop in St. Augustine on the way.  If you find a machine and need some assistance with transport let me know.  I will be driving an open pickup so the bike would not be protected. I do love hauling a Penton and seeing how many folks want to chat about it or give a thumbs up on the highway.

I do have a question, are you looking for a Steel Tank Penton
http://www.pentonusa.org/GalleryServerPro/default.aspx?moid=170&hr=1

or the later CMF version?
http://www.pentonusa.org/GalleryServerPro/default.aspx?moid=189&hr=1

Good hunting  :)

Paul

LeftyJackson

Paul Danik,

Thank you for your offer of transport.  If I could, I too would be asking you about a Penton in the back of your truck.  One of my friends recommended the chrome moly frame.  Do you have a preference or a recommendation?  

Jack Lunsford
Jacksonville FL
Jack Lunsford (#2089)
Jacksonville FL
[email protected]

Paul Danik

Lefty,

In looking over what you plan on doing with the Penton, I would say that your friend gave you some good advice in recommending the CMF, or chrome moly frame Penton. The later versions of the CMF Penton with the 35mm forks handle rough terrain better than the earlier ones with the 32mm forks. The later version also has the 6 speed B engine which revs easier, and in my opinion is a blast to ride if you " run it like you stole it ":)

There are numerous folks in this website community that have valued opinions that may differ from mine, or possibly may agree, and I encourage them to chime in so as to provide you with all sides of this discussion.

Paul

Dale Fisher

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/3540571473.html

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

1970 Six-Day 125
1971 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's)
1973 Jackpiner 175
1974 Berkshire 100
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

seanguthrie

That sticker does not work on that tank. :D

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

LeftyJackson

I'm new to all of this; however, I concur with seanguthrie regarding that sticker.

Jack Lunsford
Jacksonville FL
Jack Lunsford (#2089)
Jacksonville FL
[email protected]

LeftyJackson

The responses I have received during the first few days of my search within the Penton Owners Group Forum have been encouraging not only in my search for a bike, but by introducing me to people who are enthusiastic and, at the same time, genuine in promoting the Penton marque.  I hope that my pending membership in the Penton Owners Goup will be approved.  As a caveat, I am no longer looking at Bultacos!

Jack Lunsford
Jacksonville FL
Jack Lunsford (#2089)
Jacksonville FL
[email protected]

Paul Danik

Lefty,

You can rest assured that your POG membership is greatly appreciated and that it will be processed by our membership officer Dale Fisher, Dale does one heck of a job, as did the previous POG membership director Doug Wilford.

Memberships help to fund the many things that the POG does in an effort to fulfill it's mission, as well as providing you as a POG member with the quarterly newsletter  Still.... Keeping Track .

Back in the day Penton put out a newsletter called Keeping Track, which explains the name the POG newsletter, in case anyone wasn't aware of that little fact:)

Paul

Scott Summey

Jack,

Check out georgiaoffroad.com
http://georgiaoffroad.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56610

and check out Jacksonville craigslist
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/mcy/3563665611.html

Scott Summey
Jacksonville, Florida

Scott Summey
72 Six Day
Jacksonville, Florida
Scott Summey
Jacksonville, Florida

Dale Fisher

Lefty, Membership processed and your packet is on the way [:p]  Thank you and happy hunting!  The chase is part of the fun!!

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Paul Danik

Jack,

I have sent you an email through this website, if you do not get it please let me know.

Thanks,
Paul