WTB 125cc Penton

Started by LeftyJackson, January 17, 2013, 11:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeftyJackson

Dale,

I received the POG Membership packet today.  The chase for Pentons is pretty intense, Dale.
Scott Summey recommended the POG to me, and he certainly put me in contact with the right people.  Thank you .

Jack Lunsford
Jacksonville FL
Jack Lunsford (#2089)
Jacksonville FL
[email protected]

david wheat

great group of penton people here

1979 KTM 125 MC
1971 BERKSHIRE 100

LeftyJackson

President Danik has spoken, and I am grateful.

Jack Lunsford
Jacksonville FL
Jack Lunsford (#2089)
Jacksonville FL
[email protected]

LeftyJackson

In my previous post, it was not my intention to convey that my search for a Six Day had been either summarily aborted or successfully culminated.  Conversely, and following an intensive telephonic debriefing regarding the why's, the how's, and the what's of my desire for a Penton by President Danik, Paul opined that I should pursue the acquisition of a complete and running Penton 125cc bike and informed me of general market parameters.  He even imparted a belief to me that I SHOULD have one.  I am not, at this time, invoking the Power of the President; I am only stating that my search is genuine.  Again, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Jack Lunsford
Jacksonville FL
[email protected]
Jack Lunsford (#2089)
Jacksonville FL
[email protected]

tooclose racing

VERY funny.  President Danik is a wise man, Grasshopper - you would do well to take his advice if just wanna get riding.  I think the restoration guys are really in a higher caste in the scheme of things here at POG, or at least ya REALLY gotta be dedicated to that process. It takes time, love, and money.

I need to check with somebody that I have previously given first dibs to (Mick - whattup?), but I intend to sell my 72 Six Day, which is a race-ready bike with 74 35mm forks, 28mm Mikuni, MX tank,and Circle F pipe (I also have the OEM without shroud/muffler - ie stinger end).  Gonna keep my WP shocks - I think I can throw some Boges or S&Ws on it - but definitely recommend going with Works Performance or Progressive.

That be her on the right:

A lot of other tidbits - sidepull throttle, updated controls and pegs, aluminum bars (I broke my OEM bars landing from a jump on an MX course...)

BTW - the only reason I'm selling is I want to try racing a JP in the 0-200 XC class.

LeftyJackson

tooclose,

I'm glad to see that someone is warming up to the basic premise of letting me have a Six Day.  I only want one.  Those are nice looking bikes, Bob.  When you are ready, please let me know.

Jack Lunsford
Jacksonville FL
[email protected]
Jack Lunsford (#2089)
Jacksonville FL
[email protected]