wassell chat / rear fender help

Started by gooddirt, January 21, 2013, 10:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooddirt

Is it the brace with the hole for the seat or the brace for the rubber flap hole to mount the fender. I suppose the fender is cut down a bit, how long should it be ? Thanks

Mickey Sergeant

Did you finish the bike for Brachmeier? Lets see some pictures

Mickey Sergeant

Your going to have to hire an assistant for all your projects.

Mickey Sergeant

I finally got my frame back from Charlie.It only took him two months[:p].He did a good job welding the motor mounts.Should be stronger than factory.Rear fender frame loop really needs to be replaced.need to look into that.

Dale Fisher

Would anyone contribute to a Penton Trials registry?  I've put together an initial draft for a questionnaire and welcome comments on additions or deletions.  It could be converted to a .pdf form like the one created for renewal/new memberships.  Ultimately the data would go into a living excel document. [:0]

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

firstturn

Dale,
  This is a great idea and I will be sure you have my information this week.  Thanks for all your hard work @ POG.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

Dale,
I once owned a 1977 Woodsman. I don't know for sure that was the correct year, but that was the original year of sale. Looking at your Mudlark/Wassel Registry form, where you check the box for color, I don't see the proper color selection for a Woodsman. The Woodsman tank is Orange. Brother Ron now has my old Woodsman.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Dale Fisher

Since this is a work in progress your comments are appreciated.  In regards to the Woodsman wouldn't it be a given on the color of the tank if original?  I'd like to assemble a series of photographs of each model which would help to form an identification/information guide.  

Larry, the Indiana Mudlark (W257) auctioned last week was picked up on Monday, traveled through the worst winter weather here to date, and now resides in the Fisher bunker :D:D

Dale Fisher

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

hotrod392

Dale,
I would register mine as well.
One thing you might consider adding is a "condition" box.
I have two Wassell frames and two complete bikes and it might make sense to track all of them.
Thanks
Shane

Gordon Brennan

Dale,
Is this the form you want us to fill out now? Or is this just an idea, at this point, and you will have a finalized version coming up?
Sounds like a good idea, and you did a great job as is. It's endless to the things you could add; like, what the bike is used for; show, competition, trail riding, serial number on motor plate (if original). Maybe even a photo, somehow included.
Either way, it's a great idea and I love mine and would be proud to include it.
Oh ya, I think Wassell has two l's.

checkcrew

Dale,

great idea !!!

i have W-483

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Dale Fisher

Gordon, The form is still in development with some thought be given to your responses both here and by email.  A final version will be published and the registry will begin to assemble.  Thank you for the spel check!

Dale Fisher

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

rpage11

High or low front fender might be another question.  I've heard they came both ways.

I was finishing up mine last month and hi-jacked Mike's thread discussing the 73 250's with a few pictures, sorry Mike.

It's completed now, for the time.  I think it was Dave McCullough's old bike W232ST.  I got it from Ron C.  

I found a front lower fender bracket and forks tubes with the tabs for the fender mount, so I changed it.  I liked the look of the lower front fender and heard they came both ways so I changed mine but kept the parts to change it back.

Here's a few pictures of the final bike.

Great bike, thanks once again Mr Penton.  

Skip

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
//www.robertpagearchitect.com
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

Gordon Brennan

Very nice. Are those Akront rims?

hankthecrank

What a work of art!!!  Very nice . Hank

Hank Rinehart