74 Mint 400cc Pipe

Started by Kip Kern, December 20, 2000, 04:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

Still looking for a pipe for my restoration project!  Thanks and Happy Holidays to all!

Kip Kern

Still looking for a nice pipe for a 74 Mint 400 Penton/KTM either GS or MC for a restoration. Thanks!

Kip Kern

Still need a nice pipe for my 74 400cc Mint.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Kip

Kip Kern

Still looking for a 74 Mint 400cc pipe!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

iliketoride

Hey Kip! i am sensing frustration in your search for a pipe for that 400. Would it be totally out of the question to fabricate one? I remember back in High School Metal shop, we were building expansion chambers for our Yamaha's Suz's, Kaw's, go-karts, lawn mowers and everything else. We didn't really have a pattern, we just knew what we wanted it to look like. I'd bet if you had an old beat up one or even detailed measurments that a good sheet metal man could easily fabricate one. Just a thought. Good luck!!
Dave.........

Rocket

Kip
I found this web site that says that it will build pipes for Penton's.
http://www.amsracing.com/
Try this and see if they can help you out.
Rocket

Larry Perkins

Kip,

I think what you are looking for is an original pipe on this restoration.  Is that right?  Have you tried Bobby L.  He had a real nice one that he put on the 400 he is building for me and could have another good one.  If you aren't able to get him I will be talking to him this weekend and going there next I believe and I could check if you want me to.

Kip Kern

Thanks Guy's,  Larry is checking Bob L. and I am trying Barry H!  Thanks

BOB LEWIS

I JUST HAD A PIPE MADE FOR MY 250 THAT LOOKS
REAL GOOD.I HAVEN'T RUN IT YET SO I DON'T KNOW HOW IT WORKS. GIVE JOHN AT JEMCO A CALL HE CAN PUT YOU IN BUSINESS IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS.

Kip Kern

Thanks to Al Buehner and Mike Lenz for the two 1974, 400cc Mint Pipes I received this weekend.  Living proof that if you "snivel" long enough, you get help!  Thanks Again